Anti-ERK2 antibody (ab73272)
- Product nameAnti-ERK2 antibodySee all ERK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide from the C terminus of human ERK2 conjugated to KLH.
- Positive control293 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73272 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
- FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ERK 2 antibodyERK antibodyERK-2 antibody
- ERT 1 antibodyERT1 antibodyExtracellular Signal Regulated Kinase 2 antibodyExtracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 1 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase isoform p42 antibodyMAPK 1 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK 2 antibodyMAPK1 antibodyMAPK2 antibodyMitogen Activated Protein Kinase 1 antibodyMitogen Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 1 antibodyMitogen-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK01_HUMAN antibodyP38 antibodyP40 antibodyP41 antibodyP41MAPK antibodyp42 MAPK antibodyp42-MAPK antibodyP42MAPK antibodyPRKM1 antibodyPRKM2 antibodyProtein Tyrosine Kinase ERK2 antibody
Anti-ERK2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ERK2 antibody (ab73272) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 2 : 293 cell lysate at 10 µg
Lane 3 : 293 cell lysate at 20 µg
Lane 4 : 293 cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Observed band size : 41 kDa
References for Anti-ERK2 antibody (ab73272)
ab73272 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.