For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
I would like to purchase the following products:
- cod. ab3561 - Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor II antibody;
- cod. ab80437 - EXPOSE Rabbit specific HRP/DAB detection IHC kit (how much slides can I stain with this 15mL kit?);
- cod. ab94726 - EXPOSE Rabbit specific HRP/DAB detection IHC kit;
- cod. ab64026 - 25x PBS Buffer pH 7.6;
- cod. ab64214 - 10x Citrate Buffer pH 6.0;
Furthermore, I have serveral question to ask you:
- Is the selected Expose detection kit suitablen for the binding with primary antibody "ab3561"?
- which tissue slides could I select as positive and negative control?
- have abcam a primay antibody enhancer, and could it be useful to the detection?
- could you inform me if these products are or are not in stock, please?
As I said to you in the previous email, I need a quotation for all these products with the indication of the code, the full prize and the 5% reduced price. Then I'll deliver the quotation and the indication of selected objects to the center, which will request you the proforma invoice sending you all the informations about the billing and the shipping address.
I hope I was clear enough, otherwise please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarifications.
Asked on Oct 18 2012
Thank you for contacting us.
The number of slides that could be used with this kit depends on the tissue sections, and the volume of reagents per slide. The volume used should be enough to cover them. We normally use 200ul per slide in house, but 100ul should be enough. If 100ul are used then you could run 150 slides with the reagents provided.
This kit is compatible with any primary antibody suitable for IHC in paraffin sections, as long as the recommendations and protocols are followed.
Regarding the tissue slides to use as controls, I checked the http://www.proteinatlas.org/ENSG00000188822, which suggests digestive tract, female tissues or kidney as positive controls. Other tissues could be Human Spinal Cord, Rat Spinal Cord, and Mouse Thymus. I can check if you are interested what would be a good negative control with my lab colleagues.
If you are using the EXPOSE kit there is no need to use an enhancer for detection.
Except for the products ab94726 and ab64026, the rest of them are currently in stock, and you will receive them within two working days.
Please note all of our products are covered by our Abpromise® guarantee, which ensures that you can trust our products, and they should work in the tested species and applications stated on the datasheet, or we will offer a replacement, credit, or refund, if reported within 6 months of purchase.
To read about our Abpromise policy: http://www.abcam.com/index.html?pageconfig=abpromise
You will receive the proforma invoice with the requested products shortly.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any more advice or information.
Abcam Scientific Support
Answered on Oct 18 2012