Anti-EZH1 antibody (ab64850)
- Product nameAnti-EZH1 antibodySee all EZH1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EZH1
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total EZH1 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) from an internal region of EZH1.
- Positive control
- WB: Extracts from HT-29 cells, LOVO cells, A549 cells, NIH-3T3 cells, RAW264.7 cells and COS-7 cells. IHC-P: human brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64850 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionPolycomb group (PcG) protein. Catalytic subunit of the PRC2/EED-EZH1 complex, which methylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3, leading to transcriptional repression of the affected target gene. Able to mono-, di- and trimethylate 'Lys-27' of histone H3 to form H3K27me1, H3K27me2 and H3K27me3, respectively. Required for embryonic stem cell derivation and self-renewal, suggesting that it is involved in safeguarding embryonic stem cell identity. Compared to EZH1-containing complexes, it is less abundant in embryonic stem cells, has weak methyltransferase activity and plays a less critical role in forming H3K27me3, which is required for embryonic stem cell identity and proper differentiation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. EZ subfamily.
Contains 1 SET domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Colocalizes with trimethylated 'Lys-27' of histone H3.
- Enhancer of zeste homolog 1 (Drosophila) antibody
- Enhancer of zeste homolog 1 antibody
- ENX 2 antibody
- ENX-2 antibody
- ENX2 antibody
- EZH 1 antibody
- Ezh1 antibody
- EZH1_HUMAN antibody
- Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase EZH1 antibody
- KIAA0388 antibody
Anti-EZH1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-EZH1 antibody (ab64850) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HT-29 cells
Lane 2 : Extract from LOVO cells
Lane 3 : Extracts from A549 cells
Lane 4 : Extracts from NIH-3T3 cells
Lane 5 : Extracts from RAW264.7 cells
Lane 6 : Extracts from COS-7 cells
Lane 7 : Extracts from COS-7 cells with blocking peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 85 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa
Ab64850 (1/50 dilution) staining EZH1 in paraffin embedded human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry.
The left panel is in the absence of blocking peptide, whereas the right panel is in the presence of blocking peptide.
References for Anti-EZH1 antibody (ab64850)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wu H et al. Dual functions of Tet1 in transcriptional regulation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nature 473:389-93 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21451524) »
- Sdek P et al. Rb and p130 control cell cycle gene silencing to maintain the postmitotic phenotype in cardiac myocytes. J Cell Biol 194:407-23 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21825075) »