EasyLink APC/Cy5.5® Conjugation Kit (3x10µg APC/Cy5.5®) (ab102855)
- Product nameEasyLink APC/Cy5.5® Conjugation Kit (3x10µg APC/Cy5.5®)See all APC/Cy5.5 kits ...
- Product overview
EasyLink APC/Cy5.5 Conjugation Kit provides a simple and quick process to conjugate your primary antibodies with APC/Cy5.5. APC/Cy5.5 is a tandem conjugate: APC (energy donor) has an excitation wavelength of 650nm and Cy5.5 (energy acceptor) has an emission wavelength of 694nm.
The conjugated antibody can be used straight away in WB, ELISA, IHC etc
Learn more about buffer compatibility, protein/secondary antibody conjugation and labelling chemistry in our FAQs.
This kit is sufficient for 3 labeling reactions, each up to 10µg of antibody.
Amount and volume of antibody
The best ratio for any new antibody reagent must be determined by experimentation but 100-150µg of IgG antibody for every 100µg of EL-APC/Cy5.5 usually gives optimal results. The 150µg quantity corresponds to an Antibody:APC/Cy5.5 molar ratio of about 1:1.
The volume in which the antibody is added ideally should be between 40 and 100µl.
- Before you add antibody to the EL-APC/Cy5.5 mix, add 1µl of EL-Modifier reagent for each 10µl of antibody to be labeled. Mix gently.
- Remove the screw cap from the vial of EL-APC/Cy5.5 mix and pipette the antibody sample (with added EL-Modifier) directly onto the lyophilised material. Resuspend gently by withdrawing and re-dispensing the liquid once or twice using a pipette.
- Place the cap back on the vial and leave the vial standing for 3 hours in the dark at room temperature (20-25°C). Alternatively, and sometimes more conveniently, conjugations can be set up and left overnight, as the longer incubation time has no negative effect on the conjugate.
- After incubating for 3 hours (or more), add 1µl of EL-Quencher FD reagent for every 10µl of antibody used. The conjugate can be used after 30 minutes.
Storage of conjugates
For any new conjugate, initial storage at 4°C is recommended. A preservative may be desirable for long-term storage. Other storage conditions (e.g. frozen at -70°C or stored at -20°C with 50% glycerol) may also be satisfactory. The best conditions for any particular conjugate must be determined by experimentation.
Ideally, the antibody to be labeled should be in 10-50mM amine-free buffer pH range 6.5 to 8.5. However, many buffers outside these limits of concentration and pH can be accommodated. Modest concentrations of Tris buffer are also tolerated.
Amine-free buffers, including MES, MOPS, HEPES and phosphate are compatible if they are in the concentration range 10-50mM and have pH values in the range 6.5-8.5, as the addition of EL-Modifier provides the conditions necessary for efficient conjugation. Common non-buffering salts (e.g. sodium chloride), chelating agents (e.g. EDTA), and sugars may be present, as they have no effect on conjugation efficiency. Azide (0.02-0.1%) has little or no effect. If the amine-free buffer is relatively concentrated and outside the pH range 6.6-8.5 you may need to add more EL-modifier for each 10µl of antibody. Excess EL-Modifier is provided so that you can check the pH of the buffer after the addition of the modifier. Ideally the pH should be around 7.3-7.6, though efficient conjugation occurs anywhere between pH 6.8 and 7.8. Avoid buffer components that are nucleophilic, as these may react with EasyLink chemicals. If your buffer contains primary amines (e.g. amino acids, ethanolamine) and/or thiols (e.g. mercaptoethanol, DTT), you should consider using our Concentration and Purification Kits (ab102778 or ab102784). (Note: Unusually, for an amine, Tris has little effect on conjugation efficiency as long as the concentration is 20mM or less).
Labeling of the antibody will not work if the conjugation blocks the active paratope. This situation is rare.
This material is also subject to proprietary rights of GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under License from GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is NOT licensed for any other use. There is no implied license hereunder for any commercial use.
COMMERCIAL USE shall include:
1. Sale, lease, license or other transfer of th
- Tested applicationsConjugation more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 30 µg EL-APC-CY5.5 Mix 3 vials EL-Modifier reagent 1 vial EL-Quencher reagent 1 vial
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102855 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
EasyLink APC/Cy5.5® Conjugation Kit (3x10µg APC/Cy5.5®) images
This illustration demonstrates a general procedure and will slightly vary dependent on the conjugate used.
References for EasyLink APC/Cy5.5® Conjugation Kit (3x10µg APC/Cy5.5®) (ab102855)
ab102855 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.