Anti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160] (ab55160)
- Product nameAnti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160]See all Egr1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam55160] to Egr1
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 500 to the C-terminus of Human Egr1.
(Peptide available as ab56196.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HeLa Whole Cell Lysate; HeLa Nuclear lysate - TPA stimulated 2 hr
- General notesWe can conjugate this antibody to FITC for you (please see ab150245 for details).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam55160
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55, 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).Can be blocked with Egr1 peptide (ab56196).|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionTranscriptional regulator. Recognizes and binds to the DNA sequence 5'-CGCCCCCGC-3'(EGR-site). Activates the transcription of target genes whose products are required for mitogenesis and differentiation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the EGR C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AT 225 antibody
- AT225 antibody
- Early growth response 1 antibody
- Early growth response protein 1 antibody
- EGR 1 antibody
- EGR-1 antibody
- EGR1 antibody
- EGR1_HUMAN antibody
- G0S 30 antibody
- G0S30 antibody
- KROX 24 antibody
- Krox 24 protein antibody
- KROX24 antibody
- Nerve growth factor induced protein A antibody
- Nerve growth factor-induced clone A antibody
- Nerve growth factor-induced protein A antibody
- NGFI A antibody
- NGFI-A antibody
- NGFIA antibody
- TIS 8 antibody
- TIS8 antibody
- Transcription factor ETR 103 antibody
- Transcription factor ETR103 antibody
- Transcription factor Zif 268 antibody
- Transcription factor Zif268 antibody
- Zfp 6 antibody
- ZIF 268 antibody
- ZIF268 antibody
- Zinc finger protein 225 antibody
- Zinc finger protein Krox-24 antibody
- ZNF 225 antibody
- ZNF225 antibody
Anti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160] images
Egr1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Egr1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab55160.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 55kDa; Egr1
All lanes : Anti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160] (ab55160) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate - TPA stimulated 2 hr (ab14653)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 55,85 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab55160 (1/250) staining Egr1 in paraffin-embedded Human placenta tissue. Tissue underwent fixation in formaldehyde, peroxidase blocking, protein blocking and heat mediated antigen retrieval. The secondary antibody was goat anti rabbit/mouse conjugated to HRP. For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab55160 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab55160, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160] (ab55160)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jafferji I et al. Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expression by human cytomegalovirus correlates with an increase in the expression and binding of Wilms' Tumour 1 protein to the EGFR promoter. J Gen Virol 90:1569-74 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19321755) »