Anti-Eotaxin 2 antibody (Biotin) (ab83423)
- Product nameAnti-Eotaxin 2 antibody (Biotin)See all Eotaxin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Eotaxin 2 (Biotin)
- Tested applicationsELISA, Sandwich ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant human Eotaxin 2.
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute in sterile PBS containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab83423 was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated. It is sterile filtered.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83423 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
sELISA: Use at a concentration of 0.25 - 1 µg/ml. Allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant human Eotaxin 2.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. The detection limit for recombinant human Eotaxin 2 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions. Predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceEotaxin 2 is a member of the CC chemokine family, based on the presence of the CC motif and homology with other known CC chemokines. Eotaxin 2 cDNA encodes a 119 amino acid residue precursor protein with a 26 amino acid residue signal peptide that is cleaved to generate a mature protein predicted to contain 93 amino acid residues with an N glycosylation site. Mature human eotaxin 2 has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 10.6 kDa. Compared to other CC chemokines, eotaxin 2 exhibits 40 %, 42 %, and 39 % amino acid identity to MCP3, MIP1 alpha, and eotaxin, respectively. Human CC chemokine eotaxin 2 maps to chromosome 7q11.23. Both eotaxin and eotaxin 2 activate and attract eosinophils and basophils. A receptor for human eotaxin has been identified and found to be the third numbered receptor in the C-C chemokine subfamily of receptors (CCR3. On eosinophils, the effects of eotaxin 2 is inhibited by an CCR3 antibody and cross-desensitized by eotaxin and MCP4, suggesting that all three CC chemokines act through CCR3. Eotaxin 2 mRNA is weakly expressed in activated monocytes and T lymphocytes. Recombinant eotaxin 2 induces chemotaxis of eosinophils, basophils, and resting T lymphocytes but not monocytes and activated T lymphocytes. Eotaxin 2 inhibits colony formation in myleloid progenitor cells.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- CCL24 antibodyChemokine CC Motif Ligand 24 antibodyCK beta 6 antibody
- Ckb6 antibodyEosinophil chemotactic protein 2 antibodyMPIF2 antibodyMyeloid Progenitor Inhibitory Factor 2 antibodySCYA24 antibodySmall inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys) member 24 antibody
References for Anti-Eotaxin 2 antibody (Biotin) (ab83423)
ab83423 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.