Anti-Ephrin B2 antibody (ab96264)
- Product nameAnti-Ephrin B2 antibodySee all Ephrin B2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ephrin B2
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human Ephrin B2.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human lung and Human kidney tissue lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96264 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCell surface transmembrane ligand for Eph receptors, a family of receptor tyrosine kinases which are crucial for migration, repulsion and adhesion during neuronal, vascular and epithelial development. Binds promiscuously Eph receptors residing on adjacent cells, leading to contact-dependent bidirectional signaling into neighboring cells. The signaling pathway downstream of the receptor is referred to as forward signaling while the signaling pathway downstream of the ephrin ligand is referred to as reverse signaling. Binds to receptor tyrosine kinase including EPHA4, EPHA3 and EPHB4. Together with EPHB4 plays a central role in heart morphogenesis and angiogenesis through regulation of cell adhesion and cell migration. EPHB4-mediated forward signaling controls cellular repulsion and segregation from EFNB2-expressing cells. May play a role in constraining the orientation of longitudinally projecting axons.
- Tissue specificityLung and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ephrin family.
Contains 1 ephrin RBD (ephrin receptor-binding) domain.
modificationsInducible phosphorylation of tyrosine residues in the cytoplasmic domain.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- EFN B2 antibodyEFNB 2 antibodyEFNB2 antibody
- EFNB2_HUMAN antibodyEph related receptor tyrosine kinase ligand 5 antibodyEPH-related receptor tyrosine kinase ligand 5 antibodyephrin B2 antibodyEphrin-B2 antibodyEphrinB2 antibodyEPLG 5 antibodyEPLG5 antibodyHtk L antibodyHTK ligand antibodyHTK-L antibodyHTKL antibodyLERK 5 antibodyLERK-5 antibodyLERK5 antibodyLigand of eph related kinase 5 antibodyMGC126226 antibodyMGC126227 antibodyMGC126228 antibodyOTTMUSP00000024973 antibody
Anti-Ephrin B2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Ephrin B2 antibody (ab96264) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 32 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 73 kDa,86 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 12 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab96264 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab96264, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Ephrin B2 antibody (ab96264)
ab96264 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.