EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) - Tissue (ab117144)
- Product nameEpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) - TissueSee all Histone H3 (K9 methylation) kits ...
- Sample typeTissue
- Assay time5h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
- Product overviewThe position of the histone H3 at lysine 9 (H3 (K9)) is important for epigenetic regulation of genes, as it can be either methylated or acetylated. It has been demonstrated that switching H3(acetyl K9) to methylation on H3 (methyl K9) leads to chromatin gene silencing in many organisms. Thus, identification of genes silenced through H3 (methyl K9) is of particular significance for understanding and analyzing biological processes under normal and pathological conditions.
EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9)-Tissue (ab117144) enables the user to investigate in vivo H3 (methyl K9)-DNA interactions within 5 hours. The kit is suitable for combining the specificity of immunoprecipitation with qualitative and quantitative PCR, MS-PCR, DNA sequencing, and southern blot, as well as DNA microarray.
ab117144 uses an antibody that detects Histone H3 di-methylated on K9.
If you are using cells (adherent or suspension) as starting material, we recommend the use of EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) (ab117141)
Store Protease Inhibitor Cocktail, Normal Mouse IgG, Anti-Dimethyl-H3-K9, Proteinase K and 8-Well Assay Strips at 4°C.
Store all other components at room temperature.
The kit is stable for up to 6 months from the shipment date, when stored properly.
- Tested applicationsChIP more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 24 tests 48 tests 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 3 units 6 units 8-Well Strip Caps 3 units 6 units Anti-Dimethyl-H3-K9 (1 mg/ml) 1 x 25µl 1 x 50µl ECM1 (Wash Buffer) 1 x 28ml 2 x 28ml ECM2 (Antibody Buffer) 1 x 15ml 1 x 30ml ECM3 (Lysis Buffer) 1 x 2ml 2 x 2ml ECM4 (ChIP Dilution Buffer) 1 x 2ml 2 x 2ml ECM5 (DNA Release Buffer) 1 x 1ml 1 x 2ml ECM6 (Reverse Buffer) 1 x 1ml 1 x 2ml ECM7 (Binding Buffer) 1 x 5ml 1 x 8ml ECM8 (Elution Buffer) 1 x 0.6ml 1 x 1.2ml F-Collection Tube 30 units 50 units F-Spin Column 30 units 50 units Homogenizing Buffer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Normal Mouse IgG (1 mg/ml) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (100X) 1 x 25µl 1 x 40µl Proteinase K (10 mg/ml) 1 x 25µl 1 x 50µl
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117144 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) - Tissue (ab117144)
ab117144 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.