EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) (ab117141)
- Product nameEpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9)See all Histone H3 (K9 methylation) kits ...
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay time5h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
- Product overviewThe position of the histone H3 at lysine 9 (H3 (K9)) is important for epigenetic regulation of genes, as it can be either methylated or acetylated. It has been demonstrated that switching H3(acetyl K9) to methylation on H3 (methyl K9) leads to chromatin gene silencing in many organisms. Thus, identification of genes silenced through H3 (methyl K9) is of particular significance for understanding and analyzing biological processes under normal and pathological conditions.
EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) (ab117141) enables the user to investigate in vivo H3 (methyl K9)-DNA interactions within 5 hours. The kit is suitable for combining the specificity of immunoprecipitation with qualitative and quantitative PCR, MS-PCR, DNA sequencing, and southern blot, as well as DNA microarray.
ab117141 uses an antibody that detects Histone H3 di-methylated on K9.
If you are using tissue as your starting sample material, we recommend the use of EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) - Tissue (ab117144)
Store the following components at 4°C: Protease Inhibitor Cocktail, Normal Mouse IgG, Anti-Dimethyl-H3-K9, Proteinase K and 8-Well Assay Strips
Store all other components at room temperature.
The kit is stable for up to 6 months from the shipment date, when stored properly.
- Tested applicationsChIP more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 24 tests 48 tests 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 3 units 6 units 8-Well Strip Caps 3 units 6 units Antibody Buffer ECM2 1 x 15ml 1 x 30ml Anti-Dimethyl-H3-K9 (1 mg/ml) 1 x 25µl 1 x 50µl Binding Buffer ECM7 1 x 5ml 1 x 8ml ChIP Dilution Buffer ECM4 1 x 2ml 2 x 2ml DNA Release Buffer ECM5 1 x 1ml 1 x 2ml Elution Buffer ECM8 1 x 0.6ml 1 x 1.2ml F-Collection Tube 30 units 50 units F-Spin Column 30 units 50 units Lysis Buffer ECM3B 1 x 2ml 2 x 2ml Normal Mouse IgG (1 mg/ml) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Pre-Lysis Buffer ECM3A 1 x 4ml 1 x 8ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (100X) 1 x 25µl 1 x 40µl Proteinase K (10 mg/ml) 1 x 25µl 1 x 50µl Reverse Buffer ECM6 1 x 1ml 1 x 2ml Wash Buffer ECM1 1 x 28ml 2 x 28ml
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117141 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for EpiSeeker ChIP Kit - Histone H3 (methyl K9) (ab117141)
ab117141 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.