EpiSeeker KDM1/LSD1 Activity Quantification Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab113460)
- Product nameEpiSeeker KDM1/LSD1 Activity Quantification Assay Kit (Fluorometric)See all KDM1 / LSD1 kits ...
- Assay time3h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Plants
Predicted to work with: all Mammals, Other
- Product overview
KMD1/LSD1 (Lysine Specific Histone Demethylase 1) is a histone demethylase that only acts on mono- or di-methylated lysines. KDM1/LSD1 acts as a co-repressor by mediating demethylation of H3(meK4), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation.
EpiSeeker KDM1/LSD1 Activity Quantification Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
(ab113460) is designed for the easy and fast fluorometric measurement of KDM1/LSD1 activity or inhibition. The antibody-based, immunospecific method directly detects KDM1/LSD1-converted demethylated products, rather than by-products, in a 96 stripwell microplate format.
Store EKD3, EKD4, EKD6 and EKD8 at –20°C away from light.
Store EKD1, EKD5, EKD7, EKD9, and the 8-Well Assay Strips at 4°C away from light.
Store all remaining components (EKD2, EKD10, and the Adhesive Covering Film) at room temperature away from light.
All components of the kit are stable for 6 months from the date of shipment, when stored properly.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 48 tests 96 tests 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 6 units 12 units Adhesive Covering Film 1 unit 1 unit EKD1 (10X Wash Buffer) 1 x 14ml 1 x 28ml EKD10 (Fluoro Diluter) 1 x 4ml 1 x 8ml EKD2 (LSD1 Assay Buffer) 1 x 4ml 1 x 8ml EKD3 (LSD1 Substrate, 50 µg/ml) 1 x 60µl 1 x 120µl EKD4 (LSD1 Assay Standard, 50 µg/ml) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl EKD5 (Capture Antibody, 1000 µg/ml) 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl EKD6 (Detection Antibody, 400 µg/ml) 1 x 6µl 1 x 12µl EKD7 (LSD1 Inhibitor Tranylcypromine, 1 mM) 1 x 20µl 1 x 40µl EKD8 (Fluoro Developer) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl EKD9 (Fluoro Enhancer) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceHistone demethylase that demethylates both 'Lys-4' (H3K4me) and 'Lys-9' (H3K9me) of histone H3, thereby acting as a coactivator or a corepressor, depending on the context. Acts by oxidizing the substrate by FAD to generate the corresponding imine that is subsequently hydrolyzed. Acts as a corepressor by mediating demethylation of H3K4me, a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Demethylates both mono- (H3K4me1) and di-methylated (H3K4me2)H3K4me. May play a role in the repression of neuronal genes. Alone, it is unable to demethylate H3K4me on nucleosomes and requires the presence of RCOR1/CoREST to achieve such activity. Also acts as a coactivator of androgen receptor(ANDR)-dependent transcription, by being recruited to ANDR target genes and mediating demethylation of H3K9me, a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression. The presence of PRKCB in ANDR-containing complexes, which mediates phosphorylation of 'Thr-6' of histone H3 (H3T6ph), a specific tag that prevents demethylation H3K4me, prevents H3K4me demethylase activity of KDM1A. Demethylates di-methylated 'Lys-370' of p53/TP53 which prevents interaction of p53/TP53 with TP53BP1 and represses p53/TP53-mediated transcriptional activation. Demethylates and stabilizes the DNA methylase DNMT1. Required for gastrulation during embryogenesis. Component of a RCOR/GFI/KDM1A/HDAC complex that suppresses, via histone deacetylase (HDAC) recruitment, a number of genes implicated in multilineage blood cell development.
- Amine oxidase (flavin containing) domain 2
- BRAF35-HDAC complex protein BHC110
- FAD-binding protein BRAF35-HDAC complex, 110 kDa subunit
- Flavin-containing amine oxidase domain-containing protein 2
- Lysine (K) specific demethylase 1
- Lysine (K) specific demethylase 1A
- Lysine-specific histone demethylase 1
- Lysine-specific histone demethylase 1A
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
EpiSeeker KDM1/LSD1 Activity Quantification Assay Kit (Fluorometric) images
Demonstration of high sensitivity of KDM1/LSD1 activity assay achieved by using recombinant KDM1/LSD1 with ab113460.
Demonstration of inhibitory effects of a KDM1/LSD1 inhibitor detected by ab113460. [KDM1/LSD1 concentration: 200 ng/well].
References for EpiSeeker KDM1/LSD1 Activity Quantification Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab113460)
ab113460 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.