Anti-ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222) antibody (ab131102)
- Product nameAnti-ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222) antibodySee all ErbB 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222)
- Specificityab131102 detects endogenous levels of ErbB 2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1221/tyrosine 1222.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide conjugated to KLH derived from around the phosphorylation site of Tyrosine1221/1222 (N-L-Y(p)-Y(p)-W) of Human ErbB 2 (UniProt P04626).
- Positive controlMDA cell extract treated or untreated with EGF; MCF cells
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Note: PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab131102 was purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopetide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non-phosphopetide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131102 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 185 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 137 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/200.|
- FunctionProtein tyrosine kinase that is part of several cell surface receptor complexes, but that apparently needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Essential component of a neuregulin-receptor complex, although neuregulins do not interact with it alone. GP30 is a potential ligand for this receptor. Regulates outgrowth and stabilization of peripheral microtubules (MTs). Upon ERBB2 activation, the MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway elicits the phosphorylation and thus the inhibition of GSK3B at cell membrane. This prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization.
In the nucleus is involved in transcriptional regulation. Associates with the 5'-TCAAATTC-3' sequence in the PTGS2/COX-2 promoter and activates its transcription. Implicated in transcriptional activation of CDKN1A; the function involves STAT3 and SRC. Involved in the transcription of rRNA genes by RNA Pol I and enhances protein synthesis and cell growth.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tumor tissues including primary breast tumors and tumors from small bowel, esophagus, kidney and mouth.
- Involvement in diseaseHereditary diffuse gastric cancer (HDGC) [MIM:137215]: A cancer predisposition syndrome with increased susceptibility to diffuse gastric cancer. Diffuse gastric cancer is a malignant disease characterized by poorly differentiated infiltrating lesions resulting in thickening of the stomach. Malignant tumors start in the stomach, can spread to the esophagus or the small intestine, and can extend through the stomach wall to nearby lymph nodes and organs. It also can metastasize to other parts of the body. Note=The gene represented in this entry is involved in disease pathogenesis.
Glioma (GLM) [MIM:137800]: Gliomas are benign or malignant central nervous system neoplasms derived from glial cells. They comprise astrocytomas and glioblastoma multiforme that are derived from astrocytes, oligodendrogliomas derived from oligodendrocytes and ependymomas derived from ependymocytes. Note=The gene represented in this entry is involved in disease pathogenesis.
Ovarian cancer (OC) [MIM:167000]: The term ovarian cancer defines malignancies originating from ovarian tissue. Although many histologic types of ovarian tumors have been described, epithelial ovarian carcinoma is the most common form. Ovarian cancers are often asymptomatic and the recognized signs and symptoms, even of late-stage disease, are vague. Consequently, most patients are diagnosed with advanced disease. Note=Disease susceptibility is associated with variations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Lung cancer (LNCR) [MIM:211980]: A common malignancy affecting tissues of the lung. The most common form of lung cancer is non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that can be divided into 3 major histologic subtypes: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell lung cancer. NSCLC is often diagnosed at an advanced stage and has a poor prognosis. Note=The gene represented in this entry is involved in disease pathogenesis.
Gastric cancer (GASC) [MIM:613659]: A malignant disease which starts in the stomach, can spread to the esophagus or the small intestine, and can extend through the stomach wall to nearby lymph nodes and organs. It also can metastasize to other parts of the body. The term gastric cancer or gastric carcinoma refers to adenocarcinoma of the stomach that accounts for most of all gastric malignant tumors. Two main histologic types are recognized, diffuse type and intestinal type carcinomas. Diffuse tumors are poorly differentiated infiltrating lesions, resulting in thickening of the stomach. In contrast, intestinal tumors are usually exophytic, often ulcerating, and associated with intestinal metaplasia of the stomach, most often observed in sporadic disease. Note=The gene represented in this entry is involved in disease pathogenesis.
Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving ERBB2 may be a cause gastric cancer. Deletions within 17q12 region producing fusion transcripts with CDK12, leading to CDK12-ERBB2 fusion leading to truncated CDK12 protein not in-frame with ERBB2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Ligand-binding increases phosphorylation on tyrosine residues. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit. Signaling via SEMA4C promotes phosphorylation at Tyr-1248.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus and Cell membrane. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Nucleus. Translocation to the nucleus requires endocytosis, probably endosomal sorting and is mediated by importin beta-1/KPNB1.
- Verb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog antibodyC erb B2/neu protein antibodyCD340 antibody
- CD340 antigen antibodyCerb B2/neu protein antibodyCerbB2 antibodyERBB2 antibodyERBB2_HUMAN antibodyHER 2 antibodyHER 2/NEU antibodyHER2 antibodyHerstatin antibodyMetastatic lymph node gene 19 protein antibodyMLN 19 antibodyMLN19 antibodyNEU antibodyNEU proto oncogene antibodyNeuroblastoma/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog antibodyNGL antibodyp185erbB2 antibodyProto-oncogene c-ErbB-2 antibodyProto-oncogene Neu antibodyReceptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-2 antibodyTKR1 antibodyTyrosine kinase type cell surface receptor HER2 antibodyTyrosine kinase-type cell surface receptor HER2 antibodyV erb b2 avian erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2 (neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog) antibodyV erb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog (avian) antibodyVerb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog (avian) antibodyVerb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222) antibody (ab131102) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : MDA cell extract untreated
Lane 2 : MDA cell extract treated with EGF
Predicted band size : 137 kDa
Observed band size : 185 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol-fixed MCF cells labelling ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222) with ab131102 at 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-ErbB 2 (phospho Y1221 + Y1222) antibody (ab131102)
ab131102 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.