Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [1D5] (ab17087)
- Product nameAnti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [1D5]See all Estrogen Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1D5] to Estrogen Receptor alpha
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive control
- Breast carcinoma
- General notes
This antibody is specific to estrogen receptor, which is associated with superior prognosis and a better response to endocrine therapy. The nuclei of the estrogen receptor positive cells stain very strongly with this antibody, without any staining in the cytoplasm. However, on cryostat sections a positive staining of estrogen receptor in the nucleus as well as cytoplasm can be seen.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes This antibody is specific to estrogen receptor, which is associated with superior prognosis and a better response to endocrine therapy. The nuclei of the estrogen receptor positive cells stain very strongly with this antibody, without any staining in the cytoplasm. However, on cryostat sections a positive staining of estrogen receptor in the nucleus as well as cytoplasm can be seen.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1D5
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17087 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: 1/50 - 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/25 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- DKFZp686N23123 antibody
- ER alpha antibody
- ER antibody
- ER-alpha antibody
- ERA antibody
- ESR 1 antibody
- ESR antibody
- ESR1 antibody
- ESR1_HUMAN antibody
- ESRA antibody
- Estradiol receptor antibody
- Estrogen nuclear receptor alpha antibody
- Estrogen receptor 1 antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha 3*,4,5,6,7*/822 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 3*,4,5,6,7*,8*/941 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 3*,4,5,6,7*/819 2 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 4 +49 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 4*,5,6,7*/654 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor alpha delta 4*,5,6,7,8*/901 isoform antibody
- Estrogen receptor antibody
- NR3A 1 antibody
- NR3A1 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1 antibody
Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [1D5] images
ab17087 staining Estrogen Receptor alpha in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma stained with Estrogen Receptor using ABC and DAB chromogen.
ab17087 staining human breast carcinoma by IHC-P.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab17087 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab17087, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in MCF7 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [1D5] (ab17087)
This product has been referenced in:
- Perez White B et al. Extranuclear ERa is associated with regression of T47D PKCa-overexpressing, tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer. Mol Cancer 12:34 (2013). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 23634843) »
- Bayraktar UD et al. Simultaneous measurement of ERa, HER2, and phosphoERK1/2 in breast cancer cell lines by flow cytometry. Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:623-8 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21607585) »