Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody (ab3575)
- Product nameAnti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibodySee all Estrogen Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Estrogen Receptor alpha
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: N(21)ELEPLNRPQLK(32)C. Immunizing peptide corresponds to amino acid residues 21-32 from human ER alpha. This peptide sequence is completely conserved between human, rat, mouse, rabbit, sheep, porcine and bovine species.
- Positive controlICC: Human coronary artery smooth muscle cells (See Han et al) This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human breast Ductal carcinoma This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HepG2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3575 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/2000. (see Han et al reference).|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 64 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).Can be blocked with Estrogen Receptor alpha peptide (ab5847).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- DKFZp686N23123 antibodyER alpha antibodyER antibody
- ER-alpha antibodyEra antibodyESR 1 antibodyESR 1 antibodyESR antibodyESR1 antibodyESR1 antibodyESR1_HUMAN antibodyESRA antibodyESRA antibodyEstradiol receptor antibodyEstradiol receptor antibodyEstrogen nuclear receptor alpha antibodyEstrogen receptor 1 antibodyEstrogen receptor alpha 3*,4,5,6,7*/822 isoform antibodyEstrogen receptor alpha delta 3*,4,5,6,7*,8*/941 isoform antibodyEstrogen receptor alpha delta 3*,4,5,6,7*/819 2 isoform antibodyEstrogen receptor alpha delta 4 +49 isoform antibodyEstrogen receptor alpha delta 4*,5,6,7*/654 isoform antibodyEstrogen receptor alpha delta 4*,5,6,7,8*/901 isoform antibodyEstrogen receptor antibodyMajor ORF antibodyNR3A1 antibodyNR3A1 antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1 antibody
Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody images
ab3575 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab3575 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3575 at a dilution of 1-5
µg/ml staining ER alpha in rat prostate.
IHC image of Estrogen Receptor alpha staining in Human breast Ductal carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab3575, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody (ab3575)
This product has been referenced in:
- Anagnostis A & Papadopoulos AI Effects of a diet rich in sesame ( Sesamum indicum) pericarp on the expression of oestrogen receptor alpha and oestrogen receptor beta in rat prostate and uterus. Br J Nutr 102:703-8 (2009). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19309532) »
- Han G et al. Estrogen receptor alpha mediates acute K channel stimulation in human coronary artery smooth muscle cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther : (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16299188) »