Anti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y] (ab76228)
- Product nameAnti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y]See all Estrogen Related Receptor alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR46Y] to Estrogen Related Receptor alpha
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N terminus of human Estrogen Related Receptor alpha
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR46Y
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20.|
- FunctionBinds to an ERR-alpha response element (ERRE) containing a single consensus half-site, 5'-TNAAGGTCA-3'. Can bind to the medium-chain acyl coenzyme A dehydrogenase (MCAD) response element NRRE-1 and may act as an important regulator of MCAD promoter. Binds to the C1 region of the lactoferrin gene promoter. Requires dimerization and the coactivator, PGC-1A, for full activity. The ERRalpha/PGC1alpha complex is a regulator of energy metabolism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-19 enhances sumoylation on Lys-14 increasing repression of transcriptional activity.
Sumoylated by SUMO2. Main site is Lys-14 which is enhanced by phosphorylation on Ser-19, cofactor activation, and by interaction with PIAS4. Sumoylation enhances repression of transcriptional activiy, but has no effect on subcellular location nor on DNA binding.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Err 1 antibodyERR a antibodyERR alpha antibody
- ERR-alpha antibodyErr1 antibodyERR1 protein antibodyERR1_HUMAN antibodyERRa antibodyERRalpha antibodyESRL 1 antibodyESRL1 antibodyESRR A antibodyESRRA antibodyEstrogen receptor like 1 antibodyEstrogen receptor related 1 antibodyestrogen receptor related receptor alpha antibodyEstrogen receptor-like 1 antibodyEstrogen related receptor alpha antibodyEstrogen-related receptor alpha antibodyEstrra antibodyhERR1 antibodyNr3b1 antibodyNuclear receptor subfamily 3 group B member 1 antibodySteroid hormone receptor ERR1 antibody
Anti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y] images
Anti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y] (ab76228) at 1/5000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
Estrogen Related Receptor alpha was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 10µg of Rabbit monoclonal to Estrogen Related Receptor alpha and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab76228.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: Band: 55kDa: Estrogen Related Receptor alpha.
References for Anti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y] (ab76228)
This product has been referenced in:
- Krzysik-Walker SM et al. The Biarylpyrazole compound AM251 alters mitochondrial physiology via proteolytic degradation of ERRa. Mol Pharmacol 83:157-66 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23066093) »
- Karamanlidis G et al. Defective DNA replication impairs mitochondrial biogenesis in human failing hearts. Circ Res 106:1541-8 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20339121) »