Anti-FANCA antibody (ab5063)
- Product nameAnti-FANCA antibodySee all FANCA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FANCA
- SpecificityDetects a band at 130kDa in HeLa cell lysate that we believe corresponds to FANCA.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: SRSYDHSENSDLVFG-C conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 995 - 1009 of Human FANCA.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium Chloride, 0.02M Potassium Phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5063 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 163 kDa).|
- FunctionDNA repair protein that may operate in a postreplication repair or a cell cycle checkpoint function. May be involved in interstrand DNA cross-link repair and in the maintenance of normal chromosome stability.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FANCA are a cause of Fanconi anemia (FA) [MIM:227650]. FA is a genetically heterogeneous, autosomal recessive disorder characterized by progressive pancytopenia, a diverse assortment of congenital malformations, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage), and defective DNA repair.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Phosphorylation is required for the formation of the nuclear complex. Not phosphorylated in cells derived from groups A, B, C, E, F, G, and H.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. The major form is nuclear. The minor form is cytoplasmic.
- FA 1 antibodyFA antibodyFA H antibody
- FA1 antibodyFAA antibodyFACA antibodyFAH antibodyFanca antibodyFANCA_HUMAN antibodyFANCH antibodyFanconi anemia complementation group A antibodyFanconi anemia complementation group H antibodyFanconi anemia group A protein antibodyFanconi anemia type 1 antibodyMGC75158 antibodyProtein FACA antibody
Anti-FANCA antibody images
Anti-FANCA antibody (ab5063) at 1/1500 dilution + HeLa whole cell lysate at 35 µg
IRDye 800 conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG [H&L] at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 163 kDa
Observed band size : 130 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 42 kDa,75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab5063 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab5063, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab5063 staining in human breast carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab5063, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-FANCA antibody (ab5063)
This product has been referenced in:
- Meier D & Schindler D Fanconi anemia core complex gene promoters harbor conserved transcription regulatory elements. PLoS One 6:e22911 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21826217) »
- Lu WT et al. The Fanconi anemia pathway is downregulated upon macrophage differentiation through two distinct mechanisms. Cell Cycle 10: (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21926477) »