Anti-FANCC antibody (ab54631)
- Product nameAnti-FANCC antibodySee all FANCC primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to FANCC
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Recombinant Fragment
Recombinant fragment: MAQDSVDLSC DYQFWMQKLS VWDQASTLET QQDTCLHVAQ FQEFLRKMYE ALKEMDSNTV IERFPTIGQL LAKACWNPFI LAYDESQKIL IWCLCCLINK , corresponding to amino acids 1-101 of Human FANCC
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54631 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionDNA repair protein that may operate in a postreplication repair or a cell cycle checkpoint function. May be implicated in interstrand DNA cross-link repair and in the maintenance of normal chromosome stability. Upon IFNG induction, may facilitate STAT1 activation by recruiting STAT1 to IFNGR1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FANCC are the cause of Fanconi anemia complementation group C (FANCC) [MIM:227645]. A disorder affecting all bone marrow elements and resulting in anemia, leukopenia and thrombopenia. It is associated with cardiac, renal and limb malformations, dermal pigmentary changes, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage) and defective DNA repair.
- Developmental stageExpression increases during S phase, is maximal at the G2/M transition, and declines during M phase (at protein level).
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. The major form is nuclear. The minor form is cytoplasmic.
- bA80I15.1 antibodyFA 3 antibodyFA3 antibody
- FAC antibodyFACC antibodyFANCC antibodyFANCC_HUMAN antibodyFanconi anemia complementation group C antibodyFanconi anemia complementation group C protein antibodyFanconi anemia group C protein antibodyFanconi pancytopenia type 3 antibodyFLJ14675 antibodyProtein FACC antibody
Anti-FANCC antibody images
Anti-FANCC antibody (ab54631) at 5 µg/ml + 0.2 µg/lane of recombinant protein with a tag
Goat anti mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP conjugate at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
All lanes : Anti-FANCC antibody (ab54631) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : whole cell lysate prepared from human fibroblasts
Lane 2 : whole cell lysate prepared from human fibroblasts
Lane 3 : whole cell lysate prepared from human fibroblasts
Lane 4 : whole cell lysate prepared from human fibroblasts
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated sheep anti-mouse IgG at 1/2000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 63 kDa
Exposure time : 3 minutes
Image courtesy of Daniel Meier by Abreview
ICC/IF image of ab54631 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab54631, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab54631 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab54631, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-FANCC antibody (ab54631)
ab54631 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.