Anti-FANCD2 antibody (ab53764)
- Product nameAnti-FANCD2 antibodySee all FANCD2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FANCD2
- Specificityab53764 detects endogenous levels of total FANCD2 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human FANCD2 around the phosphorylation site of serine 222 (G-D-S-Q-H).
- Positive controlHT29 cell extracts treated with Calyculin A (50ng/ml, 30mins).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53764 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 166 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 166 kDa).|
- FunctionRequired for maintenance of chromosomal stability. Promotes accurate and efficient pairing of homologs during meiosis. Involved in the repair of DNA double-strand breaks, both by homologous recombination and single-strand annealing. May participate in S phase and G2 phase checkpoint activation upon DNA damage. Promotes BRCA2/FANCD1 loading onto damaged chromatin. May also be involved in B-cell immunoglobulin isotype switching.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in germinal center cells of the spleen, tonsil, and reactive lymph nodes, and in the proliferating basal layer of squamous epithelium of tonsil, esophagus, oropharynx, larynx and cervix. Expressed in cytotrophoblastic cells of the placenta and exocrine cells of the pancreas (at protein level). Highly expressed in testis, where expression is restricted to maturing spermatocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FANCD2 are a cause of Fanconi anemia complementation group D type 2 (FANCD2) [MIM:227646]. It is a disorder affecting all bone marrow elements and resulting in anemia, leukopenia and thrombopenia. It is associated with cardiac, renal and limb malformations, dermal pigmentary changes, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage) and defective DNA repair.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in fetal oocytes, and in hematopoietic cells of the fetal liver and bone marrow (at protein level).
- DomainThe C-terminal 24 residues of isoform 2 are required for its function.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated on Lys-561 during S phase and upon genotoxic stress (isoform 1 and isoform 2). Deubiquitinated by USP1 as cells enter G2/M, or once DNA repair is completed. Monoubiquitination requires the FANCA-FANCB-FANCC-FANCE-FANCF-FANCG-FANCM complex, RPA1 and ATR, and is mediated by FANCL/PHF9. Ubiquitination is required for binding to chromatin, interaction with BRCA1, BRCA2 and MTMR15/FAN1, DNA repair, and normal cell cycle progression, but not for phosphorylation on Ser-222 or interaction with MEN1.
Phosphorylated in response to various genotoxic stresses by ATM and/or ATR. Upon ionizing radiation, phosphorylated by ATM on Ser-222 and Ser-1404. Phosphorylation on Ser-222 is required for S-phase checkpoint activation, but not for ubiquitination, foci formation, or DNA repair. In contrast, phosphorylation by ATR on other sites may be required for ubiquitination and foci formation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Concentrates in nuclear foci during S phase and upon genotoxic stress.
- DKFZp762A223 antibodyFA 4 antibodyFA D2 antibody
- FA4 antibodyFAC D2 antibodyFACD 2 antibodyFACD antibodyFACD2 antibodyFACD2_HUMAN antibodyFAD antibodyFAD2 antibodyFANC D2 antibodyFANCD 2 antibodyFANCD antibodyFANCD2 antibodyFANCONI ANEMIA COMPLEMENTATION GROUP D antibodyFanconi anemia complementation group D2 antibodyFanconi anemia group D2 protein antibodyFANCONI PANCYTOPENIA TYPE 4 antibodyFLJ23826 antibodyOTTHUMP00000158853 antibodyOTTHUMP00000207925 antibodyProtein FACD2 antibodyType 4 Fanconi pancytopenia antibody
Anti-FANCD2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-FANCD2 antibody (ab53764) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HT29 cell extract, treated with Calyculin A (50ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : HT29 cell extract, treated with Calyculin A (50ng/ml, 30mins) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 166 kDa
Observed band size : 166 kDa
References for Anti-FANCD2 antibody (ab53764)
ab53764 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.