Anti-FANCG antibody (ab54645)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54645 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.5-1µg for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionDNA repair protein that may operate in a postreplication repair or a cell cycle checkpoint function. May be implicated in interstrand DNA cross-link repair and in the maintenance of normal chromosome stability. Candidate tumor suppressor gene.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in testis and thymus. Found in lymphoblasts.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FANCG are a cause of Fanconi anemia (FA) [MIM:227650]. FA is a genetically heterogeneous, autosomal recessive disorder characterized by progressive pancytopenia, a diverse assortment of congenital malformations, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage), and defective DNA repair.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TPR repeats.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. The major form is nuclear. The minor form is cytoplasmic.
- DNA repair protein XRCC9 antibody
- DNA-repair protein XRCC9 antibody
- FAG antibody
- FANCG antibody
- FANCG_HUMAN antibody
- Fanconi anaemia complementation group G antibody
- Fanconi anemia group G protein antibody
- Protein FACG antibody
- X ray repair, complementing defective, in Chinese hamster cells 9 antibody
- X-ray repair, complementing defective, in Chinese hamster, 9 antibody
- XRCC9 antibody
Anti-FANCG antibody images
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
FANCG antibody (ab54645) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
ab54645 at 10 µg/ml staining FANCG in human Hela cells by Immunocytochemistry / Immunofluorescence.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab54645 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab54645, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-FANCG antibody (ab54645)
ab54645 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.