FGF-21 Human ELISA Kit (ab125966)
- Product nameFGF-21 Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.7% Overall 4.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.2%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.03 ng/ml
- Range0.031 ng/ml - 2 ng/ml
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s FGF-21 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Human FGF-21 in plasma, serum, and cell culture supernatants.
A FGF-21 specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a FGF-21 specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of FGF-21 captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Biotinylated Human FGF-21 Antibody 1 x 80µl 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml FGF-21 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit FGF-21 Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionStimulates glucose uptake in differentiated adipocytes via the induction of glucose transporter SLC2A1/GLUT1 expression (but not SLC2A4/GLUT4 expression). Activity requires the presence of KLB.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- FGF 21
- Fibroblast growth factor 21
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125966 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for FGF-21 Human ELISA Kit (ab125966)
ab125966 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.