Anti-FGF basic antibody [AS24] (ab17279)
- Product nameAnti-FGF basic antibody [AS24]See all FGF basic primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AS24] to FGF basic
- SpecificityRecognises human basic FGF, does not recognise human acidic FGF or a panel of other human cytokines.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, Sandwich ELISA, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAS24
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17279 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. This antibody can be used at 1-10 ug/ml to stain human basic FGF expressed in mononuclear cells, following fixation with 4% paraform in PBS for 10 minutes at 4°C, plus 0.1% saponin for 20minutes at room temperature.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit monoclonal [EP1735] to FGF basic (ab92337). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 1 µg/ml with Rabbit monoclonal [EP1735] to FGF basic (ab92337) as Detection.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. This antibody can be used as a coating antibody at 10 µg/ml in a two site ELISA with biotin conjugated bFGF antibody. Typically the ELISA has a working range of 0-2000 pg/ml and a sensitivity of 5 pg/ml with the appropriate standard. Recommended sample volumes are 25-200 µl. Recovery of human basic FGF in human serum is typically > 85% in the ELISA.|
- FunctionPlays an important role in the regulation of cell survival, cell division, angiogenesis, cell differentiation and cell migration. Functions as potent mitogen in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in granulosa and cumulus cells. Expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma cells, but not in non-cancerous liver tissue.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Tyr-215 regulates FGF2 unconventional secretion.
Several N-termini starting at positions 94, 125, 126, 132, 143 and 162 have been identified by direct sequencing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Nucleus. Exported from cells by an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)/Golgi-independent mechanism. Unconventional secretion of FGF2 occurs by direct translocation across the plasma membrane. Binding of exogenous FGF2 to FGFR facilitates endocytosis followed by translocation of FGF2 across endosomal membrane into the cytosol. Nuclear import from the cytosol requires the classical nuclear import machinery, involving proteins KPNA1 and KPNB1, as well as CEP57.
- Basic fibroblast growth factor antibodyBasic fibroblast growth factor antibodyBasic fibroblast growth factor bFGF antibody
- BFGF antibodyBFGF antibodyFGF 2 antibodyFGF B antibodyFGF-2 antibodyFGF2 antibodyFGF2 basic antibodyFGF2_HUMAN antibodyFGFB antibodyFGFB antibodyFibroblast growth factor 2 (basic) antibodyFibroblast growth factor 2 (basic) antibodyFibroblast growth factor 2 antibodyHBGF 2 antibodyHBGF-2 antibodyHBGF2 antibodyHBGF2 antibodyHBGH 2 antibodyHBGH2 antibodyHBGH2 antibodyHeparin binding growth factor 2 precursor antibodyHeparin binding growth factor 2 precursor antibodyHeparin-binding growth factor 2 antibodyProstatropin antibodyProstatropin antibody
Anti-FGF basic antibody [AS24] images
References for Anti-FGF basic antibody [AS24] (ab17279)
ab17279 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.