Anti-FGF basic antibody (ab11937)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11937 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPlays an important role in the regulation of cell survival, cell division, angiogenesis, cell differentiation and cell migration. Functions as potent mitogen in vitro.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in granulosa and cumulus cells. Expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma cells, but not in non-cancerous liver tissue.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Tyr-215 regulates FGF2 unconventional secretion.
Several N-termini starting at positions 94, 125, 126, 132, 143 and 162 have been identified by direct sequencing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Nucleus. Exported from cells by an endoplasmic reticulum (ER)/Golgi-independent mechanism. Unconventional secretion of FGF2 occurs by direct translocation across the plasma membrane. Binding of exogenous FGF2 to FGFR facilitates endocytosis followed by translocation of FGF2 across endosomal membrane into the cytosol. Nuclear import from the cytosol requires the classical nuclear import machinery, involving proteins KPNA1 and KPNB1, as well as CEP57.
- Basic fibroblast growth factor antibodyBasic fibroblast growth factor bFGF antibodyBFGF antibody
- FGF 2 antibodyFGF B antibodyFGF-2 antibodyFGF2 antibodyFGF2 basic antibodyFGF2_HUMAN antibodyFGFB antibodyFibroblast growth factor 2 (basic) antibodyFibroblast growth factor 2 antibodyFibroblast Growth Factor 2 basic antibodyHBGF 2 antibodyHBGF-2 antibodyHBGF2 antibodyHBGH 2 antibodyHBGH2 antibodyHeparin binding growth factor 2 precursor antibodyHeparin-binding growth factor 2 antibodyProstatropin antibody
References for Anti-FGF basic antibody (ab11937)
ab11937 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.