Anti-FGFR1 antibody (ab103155)
- Product nameAnti-FGFR1 antibodySee all FGFR1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FGFR1
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide selected from the Y307 region of Human FGFR1 conjugated to KLH.
- Positive control
- 293 cell line transfected with FGFR1. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: SKNSH.
- Storage instructionsStore at 4°C (up to 6 months). For long term storage store at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab103155 is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab103155 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionReceptor for basic fibroblast growth factor. Receptor for FGF23 in the presence of KL (By similarity). A shorter form of the receptor could be a receptor for FGF1 (aFGF).
- Tissue specificityDetected in astrocytoma, neuroblastoma and adrenal cortex cell lines. Some isoforms are detected in foreskin fibroblast cell lines, however isoform 17, isoform 18 and isoform 19 are not detected in these cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FGFR1 are a cause of Pfeiffer syndrome (PS) [MIM:101600]; also known as acrocephalosyndactyly type V (ACS5). PS is characterized by craniosynostosis (premature fusion of the skull sutures) with deviation and enlargement of the thumbs and great toes, brachymesophalangy, with phalangeal ankylosis and a varying degree of soft tissue syndactyly.
Defects in FGFR1 are a cause of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) [MIM:146110]. IHH is defined as a deficiency of the pituitary secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, which results in the impairment of pubertal maturation and of reproductive function.
Defects in FGFR1 are the cause of Kallmann syndrome type 2 (KAL2) [MIM:147950]; also known as hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and anosmia. Anosmia or hyposmia is related to the absence or hypoplasia of the olfactory bulbs and tracts. Hypogonadism is due to deficiency in gonadotropin-releasing hormone and probably results from a failure of embryonic migration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone-synthesizing neurons. In some cases, midline cranial anomalies (cleft lip/palate and imperfect fusion) are present and anosmia may be absent or inconspicuous.
Defects in FGFR1 are the cause of osteoglophonic dysplasia (OGD) [MIM:166250]; also known as osteoglophonic dwarfism. OGD is characterized by craniosynostosis, prominent supraorbital ridge, and depressed nasal bridge, as well as by rhizomelic dwarfism and nonossifying bone lesions. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in FGFR1 are the cause of trigonocephaly non-syndromic (TRICEPH) [MIM:190440]; also known as metopic craniosynostosis. The term trigonocephaly describes the typical keel-shaped deformation of the forehead resulting from premature fusion of the frontal suture. Trigonocephaly may occur also as a part of a syndrome.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1 may be a cause of stem cell leukemia lymphoma syndrome (SCLL). Translocation t(8;13)(p11;q12) with ZMYM2. SCLL usually presents as lymphoblastic lymphoma in association with a myeloproliferative disorder, often accompanied by pronounced peripheral eosinophilia and/or prominent eosinophilic infiltrates in the affected bone marrow.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1 may be a cause of stem cell myeloproliferative disorder (MPD). Translocation t(6;8)(q27;p11) with FGFR1OP. Insertion ins(12;8)(p11;p11p22) with FGFR1OP2. MPD is characterized by myeloid hyperplasia, eosinophilia and T-cell or B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. In general it progresses to acute myeloid leukemia. The fusion proteins FGFR1OP2-FGFR1, FGFR1OP-FGFR1 or FGFR1-FGFR1OP may exhibit constitutive kinase activity and be responsible for the transforming activity.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1 may be a cause of stem cell myeloproliferative disorder (MPD). Translocation t(8;9)(p12;q33) with CEP110. MPD is characterized by myeloid hyperplasia, eosinophilia and T-cell or B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. In general it progresses to acute myeloid leukemia. The fusion protein CEP110-FGFR1 is found in the cytoplasm, exhibits constitutive kinase activity and may be responsible for the transforming activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Fibroblast growth factor receptor subfamily.
Contains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsBinding of FGF1 and heparin promotes autophosphorylation on tyrosine residues and activation of the receptor.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle
- Basic fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 antibody
- bFGF-R-1 antibody
- BFGFR antibody
- CD331 antibody
- CEK antibody
- FGFBR antibody
- FGFR 1 antibody
- FGFR-1 antibody
- FGFR1 antibody
- FGFR1_HUMAN antibody
- FLG antibody
- FLT-2 antibody
- FLT2 antibody
- Fms-like tyrosine kinase 2 antibody
- HBGFR antibody
- KAL2 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-Fgr antibody
Anti-FGFR1 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab103155 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab103155 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-FGFR1 antibody (ab103155) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell lysate nontransfected.
Lane 2 : 293 cell lysate transfected with FGFR1.
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 92 kDa
References for Anti-FGFR1 antibody (ab103155)
ab103155 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.