Anti-FGFR1 (phospho Y766) antibody (ab59180)
- Product nameAnti-FGFR1 (phospho Y766) antibodySee all FGFR1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to FGFR1 (phospho Y766)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of FGFR1 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 766.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide from around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 766 (QEYPLD) of human FGFR1
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: SKNSH.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59180 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionReceptor for basic fibroblast growth factor. Receptor for FGF23 in the presence of KL (By similarity). A shorter form of the receptor could be a receptor for FGF1 (aFGF).
- Tissue specificityDetected in astrocytoma, neuroblastoma and adrenal cortex cell lines. Some isoforms are detected in foreskin fibroblast cell lines, however isoform 17, isoform 18 and isoform 19 are not detected in these cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FGFR1 are a cause of Pfeiffer syndrome (PS) [MIM:101600]; also known as acrocephalosyndactyly type V (ACS5). PS is characterized by craniosynostosis (premature fusion of the skull sutures) with deviation and enlargement of the thumbs and great toes, brachymesophalangy, with phalangeal ankylosis and a varying degree of soft tissue syndactyly.
Defects in FGFR1 are a cause of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) [MIM:146110]. IHH is defined as a deficiency of the pituitary secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, which results in the impairment of pubertal maturation and of reproductive function.
Defects in FGFR1 are the cause of Kallmann syndrome type 2 (KAL2) [MIM:147950]; also known as hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and anosmia. Anosmia or hyposmia is related to the absence or hypoplasia of the olfactory bulbs and tracts. Hypogonadism is due to deficiency in gonadotropin-releasing hormone and probably results from a failure of embryonic migration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone-synthesizing neurons. In some cases, midline cranial anomalies (cleft lip/palate and imperfect fusion) are present and anosmia may be absent or inconspicuous.
Defects in FGFR1 are the cause of osteoglophonic dysplasia (OGD) [MIM:166250]; also known as osteoglophonic dwarfism. OGD is characterized by craniosynostosis, prominent supraorbital ridge, and depressed nasal bridge, as well as by rhizomelic dwarfism and nonossifying bone lesions. Inheritance is autosomal dominant.
Defects in FGFR1 are the cause of trigonocephaly non-syndromic (TRICEPH) [MIM:190440]; also known as metopic craniosynostosis. The term trigonocephaly describes the typical keel-shaped deformation of the forehead resulting from premature fusion of the frontal suture. Trigonocephaly may occur also as a part of a syndrome.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1 may be a cause of stem cell leukemia lymphoma syndrome (SCLL). Translocation t(8;13)(p11;q12) with ZMYM2. SCLL usually presents as lymphoblastic lymphoma in association with a myeloproliferative disorder, often accompanied by pronounced peripheral eosinophilia and/or prominent eosinophilic infiltrates in the affected bone marrow.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1 may be a cause of stem cell myeloproliferative disorder (MPD). Translocation t(6;8)(q27;p11) with FGFR1OP. Insertion ins(12;8)(p11;p11p22) with FGFR1OP2. MPD is characterized by myeloid hyperplasia, eosinophilia and T-cell or B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. In general it progresses to acute myeloid leukemia. The fusion proteins FGFR1OP2-FGFR1, FGFR1OP-FGFR1 or FGFR1-FGFR1OP may exhibit constitutive kinase activity and be responsible for the transforming activity.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving FGFR1 may be a cause of stem cell myeloproliferative disorder (MPD). Translocation t(8;9)(p12;q33) with CEP110. MPD is characterized by myeloid hyperplasia, eosinophilia and T-cell or B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. In general it progresses to acute myeloid leukemia. The fusion protein CEP110-FGFR1 is found in the cytoplasm, exhibits constitutive kinase activity and may be responsible for the transforming activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Fibroblast growth factor receptor subfamily.
Contains 3 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsBinding of FGF1 and heparin promotes autophosphorylation on tyrosine residues and activation of the receptor.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic vesicle
- Basic fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 antibodybFGF R antibodybFGF-R-1 antibody
- BFGFR antibodyC FGR antibodyCD 331 antibodyCD331 antibodyCD331 antigen antibodyCEK antibodyFGFBR antibodyFGFR 1 antibodyFGFR-1 antibodyFGFR1 antibodyFGFR1_HUMAN antibodyFibroblast growth factor receptor 1 antibodyFLG antibodyFLG protein antibodyFLJ14326 antibodyFLT 2 antibodyFLT-2 antibodyFLT2 antibodyFMS like tyrosine kinase 2 antibodyFms related tyrosine kinase 2 antibodyFms related tyrosine kinase 2 Pfeiffer syndrome antibodyFms-like tyrosine kinase 2 antibodyH2 antibodyH3 antibodyH4 antibodyH5 antibodyHBGFR antibodyHeparin binding growth factor receptor antibodyHydroxyaryl protein kinase antibodyKAL 2 antibodyKAL2 antibodyMFR antibodyN SAM antibodyN sam tyrosine kinase antibodyProtein tyrosine kinase antibodyProto-oncogene c-Fgr antibodyTyrosylprotein kinase antibody
Anti-FGFR1 (phospho Y766) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-FGFR1 (phospho Y766) antibody (ab59180)
Lane 1 : EGF-treated HepG2 cell extract
Lane 2 : EGF-treated HepG2 cell extract with blocking phosphopeptide
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab59180 with and without the addition of the synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human FGFR1 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 766.
ab59180 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab59180 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-FGFR1 (phospho Y766) antibody (ab59180)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zou L et al. Fibronectin induces endothelial cell migration through ß1 integrin and Src-dependent phosphorylation of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 at tyrosines 653/654 and 766. J Biol Chem 287:7190-202 (2012). WB ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22247553) »