Anti-FITC antibody [2A3] (ab10257)
- Product nameAnti-FITC antibody [2A3]See all FITC primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A3] to FITC
- Specificityab10257 reacts with both free and conjugated FITC.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- General notesConcentration varies from lot to lot and can be provided on request.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurity tested by electrophoresis.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2A3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10257 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Detection of FITC-labeled antigens or antibodies.
Capture antibody for FITC-labeled biopolymers.
Enzyme-labeled second antibody for immunohistochemistry with FITC-conjugated mouse monoclonal antibodies.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceFITC (fluorescein isothiocyanate) is a fluorochrome dye that absorbs ultraviolet or blue light causing molecules to become excited and emit a visible yellow-green light. This emission ceases upon removal of the light causing the excitation. Fluorochrome labeling provides rapid, accurate localization of antigen-antibody interaction when one of the reactants is part of a cell, tissue or other biological structure. FITC is a commonly used marker for antibodies in immunofluorescent techniques since the conjugation of FITC to proteins is relatively easy and does not, in general, destroy the biological activity of the labeled protein. FITC is widely used as a hapten to label different proteins.
- Fluorescein Isothiocyanate antibody
References for Anti-FITC antibody [2A3] (ab10257)
ab10257 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.