Anti-FKBP38 antibody (ab24450)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24450 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreviews.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).Can be blocked with FKBP38 peptide (ab51928).|
- FunctionConstitutively inactive PPiase, which becomes active when bound to calmodulin and calcium. Seems to act as a chaperone for BCL2, targets it to the mitochondria and modulates its phosphorylation state. The BCL2/FKBP8/calmodulin/calcium complex probably interferes with the binding of BCL2 to its targets. The active form of FKBP8 may therefore play a role in the regulation of apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest levels seen in the brain.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PPIase FKBP-type domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion membrane.
- 38 kDa FK 506 binding protein homolog antibody38 kDa FK506-binding protein antibody38 kDa FKBP antibody
- 38kDa antibodyFK506 binding protein 8 antibodyFK506 binding protein 8, 38kDa antibodyFK506 binding protein, 38kDa antibodyFK506-binding protein 8 antibodyFKBP 38 antibodyFKBP-38 antibodyFKBP-8 antibodyFKBP8 antibodyFKBP8_HUMAN antibodyFKBPR38 antibodyhFKBP38 antibodyPeptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP8 antibodyPPIase FKBP8 antibodyRotamase antibodySam11 antibody
Anti-FKBP38 antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human penile tissue, staining FKBP38 with ab24450.
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with blocking reagent for 2 hours; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in diluent) for 18 hours. An undiluted HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-FKBP38 antibody (ab24450)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wiley M et al. Toxoplasma gondii activates hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) by stabilizing the HIF-1alpha subunit via type I activin-like receptor kinase receptor signaling. J Biol Chem 285:26852-60 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20581113) »