FKBP52 protein (Active) (ab84189)
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant FKBP4 protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris, pH 8.0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84189 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|SDS-PAGE||SDS-PAGE: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Ab84189 can be used as a WB positive control in conjunction with ab97306.|
- 51 kDa FK506-binding protein52 kDa FK506 binding protein52 kDa FK506-binding protein
- 52 kDa FKBP59 kDa immunophilinFK506 binding protein 4FK506-binding protein 4FKBP 4FKBP 52FKBP 59FKBP-4FKBP-52FKBP4FKBP4_HUMANFKBP51FKBP52 proteinFKBP59HBIHsp 56HSP binding immunophilinHSP-binding immunophilinHsp56Immunophilin FKBP52N-terminally processedp52p59p59 proteinPeptidyl prolyl cis trans isomerasePeptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP4Peptidylprolyl cis trans isomerasePPIasePPIase FKBP4RotamaseT cell FK506 binding protein 59kD
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
The C-terminal region (AA 375-458) is required to prevent tubulin polymerization.
The chaperone activity resides in the C-terminal region, mainly between amino acids 264 and 400.
modificationsPhosphorylation by CK2 results in loss of HSP90 binding activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
FKBP52 protein (Active) images
15% SDS-PAGE showing ab84189 at approximately 53.9kDa (3µg).
Anti-FKBP52 antibody (ab97306) at 1/3000 dilution +
FKBP52 protein (Active) (ab84189) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for FKBP52 protein (Active) (ab84189)
ab84189 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.