Anti-FOXA2 antibody [1C7] (ab117542)
- Product nameAnti-FOXA2 antibody [1C7]See all FOXA2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1C7] to FOXA2
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant Human protein.
- Positive control
- Human breast tissue. HepG2 cells / cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C or -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles. Store undiluted.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1C7
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117542 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. (40 ug of antibody per 100 ul of beads)|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that is involved in embryonic development, establishment of tissue-specific gene expression and regulation of gene expression in differentiated tissues. Is thought to act as a 'pioneer' factor opening the compacted chromatin for other proteins through interactions with nucleosomal core histones and thereby replacing linker histones at target enhancer and/or promoter sites. Binds DNA with the consensus sequence 5'-[AC]A[AT]T[AG]TT[GT][AG][CT]T[CT]-3' (By similarity). In embryonic development is required for notochord formation. Involved in the development of multiple endoderm-derived organ systems such as the liver, pancreas and lungs; FOXA1 and FOXA2 seem to have at least in part redundant roles. Originally discribed as a transcription activator for a number of liver genes such as AFP, albumin, tyrosine aminotransferase, PEPCK, etc. Interacts with the cis-acting regulatory regions of these genes. Involved in glucose homeostasis; regulates the expression of genes important for glucose sensing in pancreatic beta-cells and glucose homeostasis. Involved in regulation of fat metabolism. Binds to fibrinogen beta promoter and is involved in IL6-induced fibrinogen beta transcriptional activation.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fork-head DNA-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-156 abolishes binding to target promoters and subsequent transcription activation upon insulin stimulation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm in a CRM1-dependent manner and in response to insulin signaling via AKT1 is exported from the nucleus.
- Forkhead box A2 antibody
- Forkhead box protein A2 antibody
- FOX A2 antibody
- foxa2 antibody
- FOXA2_HUMAN antibody
- Hepatic nuclear factor 3 beta antibody
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 antibody
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 beta antibody
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3-beta antibody
- HNF 3B antibody
- HNF-3-beta antibody
- HNF-3B antibody
- HNF3B antibody
- MGC19807 antibody
- TCF 3B antibody
- TCF-3B antibody
- TCF3B antibody
- Transcription factor 3B antibody
Anti-FOXA2 antibody [1C7] images
Human Breast, Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded tissue, stained with ab117542 at 5µg/ml.
Immunofluorescence of FOXA2 expression on HepG2 cells with ab117542 at 10 µg/ml.
Anti-FOXA2 antibody [1C7] (ab117542) + HepG2 cell lysate at 1/500 dilution
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
The detection limit forab117542 is approximately 0.03ng/ml as a capture antibody.
References for Anti-FOXA2 antibody [1C7] (ab117542)
ab117542 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.