Factor XI Human ELISA Kit (ab108834)
- Product nameFactor XI Human ELISA KitSee all Factor XI kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.8%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 1.5 ng/ml
- Range1.56 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Factor XI Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Factor XI levels in plasma, serum, and cell culture supernatants.
A Factor XI specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Factor XI specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Factor XI captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent M Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Factor XI Antibody 1 x 140µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Factor XI Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Factor XI Standard 2 vials Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionFactor XI triggers the middle phase of the intrinsic pathway of blood coagulation by activating factor IX.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is produced by platelets and megakaryocytes but absent from other blood cells.
- Involvement in diseaseFactor XI deficiency (FA11D) [MIM:612416]: A hemorrhagic disease characterized by reduced levels and activity of factor XI resulting in moderate bleeding symptoms, usually occurring after trauma or surgery. Patients usually do not present spontaneous bleeding but women can present with menorrhagia. Hemorrhages are usually moderate. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Plasma kallikrein subfamily.
Contains 4 apple domains.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsActivated by factor XIIa (or XII), which cleaves each polypeptide after Arg-387 into the light chain, which contains the active site, and the heavy chain, which associates with high molecular weight (HMW) kininogen.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Coagulation factor XI
- Coagulation factor XIa light chain
- Plasma thromboplastin antecedent
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108834 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Factor XI Human ELISA Kit (ab108834)
ab108834 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.