Anti-Feline Calicivirus antibody [1G9] (ab93284)
- Product nameAnti-Feline Calicivirus antibody [1G9]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1G9] to Feline Calicivirus
- Specificityab93284 detects the Feline Calicivirus capsid protein of 62 kDa.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with Feline calicivirus.
- Positive control
- Feline calicivirus infected cell line
- General notesMouse myeloma (p3-NS1-Ag4-1)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Primary antibody notes ab93284 may be used to monitor Feline Calicivirus replication in cell culture and feline calicivirus capsid gene expression.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1G9
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93284 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceFeline calicivirus is a common viral disease that affects cats. It is characterized by upper respiratory symptoms, pneumonia, oral ulceration, and occasionally arthritis. It is a fairly mild flu-like condition and rarely causes serious complications. FCV is a tiny non-enveloped virus consisting of a 20 sided protein capsid (that fashions cup like dimples) surrounding a single strand of positive sense RNA.
- FCV antibody
References for Anti-Feline Calicivirus antibody [1G9] (ab93284)
This product has been referenced in:
- Milton ID et al. Location of monoclonal antibody binding sites in the capsid protein of feline calicivirus. J Gen Virol 73 ( Pt 9):2435-9 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1383410) »
- Carter MJ et al. Monoclonal antibodies to feline calicivirus. J Gen Virol 70 ( Pt 8):2197-200 (1989). Read more (PubMed: 2475582) »