Anti-Feline Calicivirus antibody [FCV1-43] (ab33990)
- Product nameAnti-Feline Calicivirus antibody [FCV1-43]See all Feline Calicivirus primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [FCV1-43] to Feline Calicivirus
- Specificityab33990 specifically recognises feline calicivirus, and does not cross-react with FIV or FeLV.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with Feline calicivirus. Not yet tested in other species.
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- General notes
The antibody detects a 63kD band in Western blots, representing the viral capsid protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes The antibody detects a 63kD band in Western blots, representing the viral capsid protein.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberFCV1-43
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33990 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 63 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceFeline calicivirus is a common viral disease that affects cats. It is characterized by upper respiratory symptoms, pneumonia, oral ulceration, and occasionally arthritis. It is a fairly mild flu-like condition and rarely causes serious complications. FCV is a tiny non-enveloped virus consisting of a 20 sided protein capsid (that fashions cup like dimples) surrounding a single strand of positive sense RNA.
- FCV antibody
References for Anti-Feline Calicivirus antibody [FCV1-43] (ab33990)
ab33990 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.