Fexofenadine hydrochloride (ab120765)
- Product nameFexofenadine hydrochloride
- DescriptionSelective H1 receptor antagonist
- MDL 16,455A
- Biological descriptionSelective H1 receptor antagonist (Ki = 10 nM). Does not readily cross the blood brain barrier. Orally active antiallergenic.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical nameα,α-Dimethyl-4-[1-hydroxy-4-[4-(hydroxydiphenylmethyl)-1-piperidinyl]butyl]benzeneacetic acid hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight538.13
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC32H39NO4.HCl
- CAS Number153439-40-8
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Fexofenadine hydrochloride (ab120765)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gundogdu E et al. Improvement of effect of water-in-oil microemulsion as an oral delivery system for fexofenadine: in vitro and in vivo studies. Int J Nanomedicine 6:1631-40 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21904453) »
- Kamath AV et al. Effect of fruit juices on the oral bioavailability of fexofenadine in rats. J Pharm Sci 94:233-9 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15570603) »
- Gillard M et al. H1 antagonists: receptor affinity versus selectivity. Inflamm Res 52 Suppl 1:S49-50 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12755407) »