Anti-Fibrillarin antibody [38F3] - Nucleolar Marker (ab4566)
- Product nameAnti-Fibrillarin antibody [38F3] - Nucleolar MarkerSee all Fibrillarin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [38F3] to Fibrillarin - Nucleolar Marker
- SpecificityThis clone was selected because it stains a single ~34kDa band on western blotting and shows a clear and strong punctate staining of yeast nuclei. It can therefore be used to identify nucleoli immunocytochemically.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Caenorhabditis elegans, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Schizosaccharomyces pombe, African Green Monkey, Opossum
Predicted to work with: Plants
Yeast nuclear preparation (S. cerevisiae). Hybridomas were screened by immunofluorescence on yeast cells and by western blotting on yeast protein homogenates (S. cerevisiae).
- Positive control
- ICC: Chicken embryonic fibroblast (CEF) cells, HEK 293 cells, SH-SY5Y cells
- General notesPfam number: PF01269. A reference below describes the characterization of D77, an antibody very similar but not identical to ab4566.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue Culture Supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesSterile filtered.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number38F3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4566 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18528333|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/1000 - 1/5000. For IF of mammalian cells 1/500.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18559082|
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa. 1/2000 (cell lysates) - 1/10000 (nuclear fractions)(ECL). For other (non-ECL) western detection methods, 1/1000 - 1/5000. To detect mammalian fibrillarin on western blots by ECL, 1/500.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionInvolved in pre-rRNA processing. Utilizes the methyl donor S-adenosyl-L-methionine to catalyze the site-specific 2'-hydroxyl methylation of ribose moieties in pre-ribosomal RNA. Site specificity is provided by a guide RNA that base pairs with the substrate. Methylation occurs at a characteristic distance from the sequence involved in base pairing with the guide RNA.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the methyltransferase superfamily. Fibrillarin family.
modificationsBy homology to other fibrillarins, some or all of the N-terminal domain arginines are modified to asymmetric dimethylarginine (DMA).
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Fibrillar region of the nucleolus.
- Entrez Gene: 37662 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Entrez Gene: 2091 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100044829 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14113 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 292747 Rat
- Omim: 134795 Human
- SwissProt: Q9W1V3 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: P22087 Human
- SwissProt: P35550 Mouse
- SwissProt: P22509 Rat
- Unigene: 2821 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Unigene: 299002 Human
- Unigene: 4595 Mouse
- Unigene: 98803 Rat
- 34 kD nucleolar scleroderma antigen antibody
- 34 kDa nucleolar scleroderma antigen antibody
- 34-kD nucleolar scleroderma antigen antibody
- FBL antibody
- FBRL_HUMAN antibody
- FIB antibody
- FIB1 antibody
- FLRN antibody
- Nop1p antibody
- RNA U3 small nucleolar interacting protein 1 antibody
- RNU3IP1 antibody
- rRNA 2' O methyltransferase fibrillarin antibody
- rRNA 2'-O-methyltransferase fibrillarin antibody
Anti-Fibrillarin antibody [38F3] - Nucleolar Marker images
Rat neurons and glial stained with mouse monoclonal to Fibrillarin (green) and with chicken antibody to neurofilament NF-H (red). Cells were counterstained with a fluorescent DNA probe (blue). Nuclear DNA is revealed with Hoechst dye (blue). Cultures were processed using our standard fixation and staining procedure (in protocol section).
Human neuroblastoma line SH-SY5Y stained with mouse monoclonal to Fibrillarin (green) and with chicken antibody to neurofilament NF-H (red) and counterstained with a fluorescent DNA probe (blue). Nuclear DNA is revealed with Hoechst dye (blue). The NF-H antibody was used at a dilution of 1/100000 and the fibrillarin monoclonal at 1/1000. Cultures were processed using standard fixation and staining procedure (in protocol section).
High magnification view of human Hek293 cell nuclei stained with mouse monoclonal to fibrillarin (green), counterstained with a fluorescent DNA probe (blue). Nuclear DNA is revealed with Hoechst dye (blue). Cultures were processed using our standard fixation and staining procedure (in protocol section).
All lanes : Anti-Fibrillarin antibody [38F3] - Nucleolar Marker (ab4566) at 1/2000 dilution (+ blocking buffer 1:1 in PBS + 0.1% Tween for 1 hour)
Lane 1 : Lysate of the cytoplasmic protein fraction of HeLa cells
Lane 2 : Lysate of the nuclear protein fraction of HeLa cells
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
An Alexa Fluor®680-conjugated Goat anti-mouse polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 34 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Svetlana Khoronenkova
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab4566 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab4566, 1/20 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1](ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-Fibrillarin antibody [38F3] - Nucleolar Marker (ab4566)
This product has been referenced in:
- Daneshvar K et al. MicroRNA miR-308 regulates dMyc through a negative feedback loop in Drosophila. Biol Open 2:1-9 (2013). WB ; Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) . Read more (PubMed: 23336071) »
- Okoro DR et al. Endogenous Human MDM2-C Is Highly Expressed in Human Cancers and Functions as a p53-Independent Growth Activator. PLoS One 8:e77643 (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 24147044) »