Fibronectin Human ELISA Kit (ab108848)
- Product nameFibronectin Human ELISA KitSee all Fibronectin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma
- Assay typeCompetitive
- Sensitivity= 0.7 µg/ml
- Range0.78 µg/ml - 50 µg/ml
- Assay time3h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Fibronectin Human in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Fibronectin levels in plasma and serum.
A Fibronectin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently biotinylated Fibronectin is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Fibronectin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsCompetitive ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Biotinylated Human Fibronectin (Lyophilized) 1 vial 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Fibronectin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Fibronectin Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling. Mostly heterodimers or multimers of alternatively spliced variants, connected by 2 disulfide bonds near the carboxyl ends; to a lesser extent homodimers. Interacts with FBLN1, AMBP, TNR, LGALS3BP and COL13A1. Interacts with FBLN7 By similarity. Interacts with COMP. Interacts with S.aureus fnbA. Interacts with TNR; the interaction inhibits cell adhesion and neurite outgrowth By similarity. Interacts with FST3. Plasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age. Sulfated. It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated. Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers). Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium. Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin. Defects in FN1 are the cause of glomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits type 2 (GFND2) [MIM:601894]; also known as familial glomerular nephritis with fibronectin deposits or fibronectin glomerulopathy. GFND is a genetically heterogeneous autosomal dominant disorder characterized clinically by proteinuria, microscopic hematuria, and hypertension that leads to end-stage renal failure in the second to fifth decade of life. Contains 12 fibronectin type-I domains. Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains. Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix
- Cold insoluble globulin
- Fibronectin 1
- Migration stimulating factor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108848 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Fibronectin Human ELISA Kit (ab108848)
ab108848 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.