Anti-Fibronectin antibody [5G7] (Biotin) (ab46750)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [5G7] (Biotin)See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5G7] to Fibronectin (Biotin)
- SpecificityAb46750 reacts with Fibronectin.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein purified from human serum.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5G7
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46750 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/5000 - 1/20000.|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2 (GFND2) [MIM:601894]: Genetically heterogeneous autosomal dominant disorder characterized clinically by proteinuria, microscopic hematuria, and hypertension that leads to end-stage renal failure in the second to fifth decade of life. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibodyCold insoluble globulin antibodyCold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibodyDKFZp686H0342 antibodyDKFZp686I1370 antibodyDKFZp686O13149 antibodyED B antibodyFibronectin 1 antibodyFINC antibodyFINC_HUMAN antibodyFN antibodyFN1 antibodyFNZ antibodyGFND antibodyGFND2 antibodyLETS antibodyMigration stimulating factor antibodyMSF antibodyUgl-Y3 antibody
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody [5G7] (Biotin) (ab46750)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shukla MN et al. Hepatocyte growth factor inhibits epithelial to myofibroblast transition in lung cells via Smad7. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:643-53 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 18988920) »