Anti-Fibronectin antibody [A17] (ab26245)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [A17]See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [A17] to Fibronectin
- SpecificityThere is no evidence for cross-reactivity with other connective tissue proteins (vitronectin, elastin, collagen, laminin).
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, Cow, Human
Tissue / cell preparation (Cow) - Lysed bovine corneal endothelial cells and extracellular matrix.
- EpitopeEpitope is located in the 120kD cell binding fragment.
- General notes
This antibody inhibits integrin-mediated cell adhesion to the cell binding domain of fibronectin. It can be used to probe fibronectin conformation. Strong reaction is seen in ELISA with thrombospondin directly coated onto the microtiter well.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C in the dark.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5M Sodium chloride, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesProtein A/G purified
- Primary antibody notes This antibody inhibits integrin-mediated cell adhesion to the cell binding domain of fibronectin. It can be used to probe fibronectin conformation. Strong reaction is seen in ELISA with thrombospondin directly coated onto the microtiter well.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberA17
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26245 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 263 kDa. See Underwood et al J Cell Sci reference.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/30000. See Underwood et al J Cell Sci reference and J Immunol Methods reference.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. (PLP-fixed).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2 (GFND2) [MIM:601894]: Genetically heterogeneous autosomal dominant disorder characterized clinically by proteinuria, microscopic hematuria, and hypertension that leads to end-stage renal failure in the second to fifth decade of life. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibodyCold insoluble globulin antibodyCold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibodyDKFZp686H0342 antibodyDKFZp686I1370 antibodyDKFZp686O13149 antibodyED B antibodyfibronectin 1 antibodyFINC antibodyFINC_HUMAN antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN antibodyFN1 antibodyFN1 antibodyFNZ antibodyGFND antibodyGFND2 antibodyLETS antibodyLETS antibodyMigration stimulating factor antibodyMSF antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyUgl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [A17] images
ab26245 staining fibronectin in bovine cumulus-oocyte complexes by ICC/IF (immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 0.1% serum for 30 minutes at 37°C. The primary antibody (1/100 in 10% goat serum in polylvinylpyrrolidone) was incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 37°C. An FITC-conjugated goat anti-mouse polyclonal (1/100) was used as the secondary. Chromatin was stained red by using the nuclear DNA stain propidium iodide.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody [A17] (ab26245)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zeiger AS et al. Macromolecular crowding directs extracellular matrix organization and mesenchymal stem cell behavior. PLoS One 7:e37904 (2012). IHC (PFA fixed) ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22649562) »
- Kang Y et al. The osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow MSCs on HUVEC-derived ECM and ß-TCP scaffold. Biomaterials 33:6998-7007 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22795852) »