Anti-Fibronectin antibody (Biotin) (ab6584)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody (Biotin)See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fibronectin (Biotin)
- Conjugation notesBiotin
- Specificitynegligible cross-reactivity with Type I, II, III, IV, V or VI Collagens or Laminin. Non-specific cross reaction of anti-Fibronectin antibodies with other human serum proteins or non-Fibronectin extracellular matrix proteins is negligible.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, IP, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
Fibronectin was purified from Human plasma by binding to a denatured gelatin column followed by elution with high concentrations of arginine. The eluted material was further purified by gel filtration. Immunization occurred after single-band purity was assessed by SDS-PAGE
- General notes
This antibody is well suited to detect extracellular matrix proteins in normal as well as disease state tissues. Disruption of tissue organization is the hallmark of neoplasia. Malignant lesions can be distinguished from benign by examining the breakdown of basement membranes and loss of 3-dimensional architecture. Malignant cells are presumed to use matrix metalloproteases to degrade barriers created by the extracellular matrix which then allows metastasis to occur. Collagenases, stomelysins and gelatinases can collectively degrade all of the various components of the extracellular matrix, including fibrillar and non-fibrillar collagens and basement membrane glycoproteins.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.878% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA, 0.424% Potassium phosphate
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis product has been prepared by immunoaffinity chromatography using immobilized antigens followed by extensive cross-adsorption against human serum proteins and collagen and non-collagen extracellular matrix proteins to remove any unwanted specificities. Typically less than 1% cross reactivity against other extracellular matrix proteins was detected by ELISA against purified standards.
- Primary antibody notes This antibody is well suited to detect extracellular matrix proteins in normal as well as disease state tissues. Disruption of tissue organization is the hallmark of neoplasia. Malignant lesions can be distinguished from benign by examining the breakdown of basement membranes and loss of 3-dimensional architecture. Malignant cells are presumed to use matrix metalloproteases to degrade barriers created by the extracellular matrix which then allows metastasis to occur. Collagenases, stomelysins and gelatinases can collectively degrade all of the various components of the extracellular matrix, including fibrillar and non-fibrillar collagens and basement membrane glycoproteins.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6584 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/4000 - 1/8000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/200.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000 - 1/10000.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibody
- Cold insoluble globulin antibody
- Cold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibody
- DKFZp686H0342 antibody
- DKFZp686I1370 antibody
- DKFZp686O13149 antibody
- ED B antibody
- fibronectin 1 antibody
- FINC antibody
- FINC_HUMAN antibody
- FN 1 antibody
- FN antibody
- FN1 antibody
- FN1 antibody
- FNZ antibody
- GFND antibody
- GFND2 antibody
- LETS antibody
- Migration stimulating factor antibody
- MSF antibody
- Transformation sensitive protein. antibody
- Ugl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody (Biotin) images
Human Aortic Endothelial Cells grown in MCDB 131+ SmGM-2 media were seeded on a PET membrane. After one week, the cells were blocked with PBS containing 0.1% BSA for 15 min. The membrane was incubated with primary antibody (ab6584) for 30 min and then with secondary antibody Alexa 488 for 1 hr.
This picture was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Gary Nackman and Ildiko Entersz.
Anti-Fibronectin antibody (Biotin) (ab6584) at 1 µg/ml +
Human Fibronectin full length protein (ab81743) at 0.001 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Immunofluorescence analysis of U87-MG cells staining Fibronectin (red) with ab6584.
Cells were treated with 10-6M Dexamethasone, before blocking and incubating with primary antibody for 1 hour at room temperature. An AlexaFluor®568-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody (Biotin) (ab6584)
This product has been referenced in:
- Martin TA et al. The generation of biomolecular patterns in highly porous collagen-GAG scaffolds using direct photolithography. Biomaterials 32:3949-57 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21397322) »
- Sabari J et al. Fibronectin matrix assembly suppresses dispersal of glioblastoma cells. PLoS One 6:e24810 (2011). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21980357) »