Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] (ab32419)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [F1]See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [F1] to Fibronectin
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Recombinant full length protein
- Positive controlHuman serum and stomach tissue. This antibody gave a positive result in IF/ICC when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HepG2.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberF1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32419 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 263 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2 (GFND2) [MIM:601894]: Genetically heterogeneous autosomal dominant disorder characterized clinically by proteinuria, microscopic hematuria, and hypertension that leads to end-stage renal failure in the second to fifth decade of life. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibodyCold insoluble globulin antibodyCold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibodyDKFZp686H0342 antibodyDKFZp686I1370 antibodyDKFZp686O13149 antibodyED B antibodyfibronectin 1 antibodyFINC antibodyFINC_HUMAN antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN antibodyFN1 antibodyFNZ antibodyGFND antibodyGFND2 antibodyLETS antibodyMigration stimulating factor antibodyMSF antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyUgl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] images
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] (ab32419) at 1/50000 dilution + human plasma
Predicted band size : 263 kDa
Additional bands at : 240 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemical analysis of fibronectin in paraffin embedded human stomach tissue, using ab32419 at 1/250.
ICC/IF image of ab32419 stained human mesenchymal stem cells. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and then incubated in 0.1%BSA / 1% goat serum for 30 minutes, to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab32419, 1/100 dilution) for 2 hours at 22°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ICC/IF image of ab32419 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab32419 at 1/100 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] (ab32419)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sun Q et al. Role of myocyte enhancing factor 2B in epithelial myofibroblast transition of human gingival keratinocytes. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 237:178-85 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22302709) »
- Mirabet V et al. Long-term storage in liquid nitrogen does not affect cell viability in cardiac valve allografts. Cryobiology 57:113-21 (2008). IHC-Fr . Read more (PubMed: 18703039) »