Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] (ab32419)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [F1]See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [F1] to Fibronectin
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Recombinant full length protein
- Positive control
- Human serum and stomach tissue. This antibody gave a positive result in IF/ICC when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HepG2.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberF1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32419 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 263 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibody
- Cold insoluble globulin antibody
- Cold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibody
- DKFZp686H0342 antibody
- DKFZp686I1370 antibody
- DKFZp686O13149 antibody
- ED B antibody
- fibronectin 1 antibody
- FINC antibody
- FINC_HUMAN antibody
- FN 1 antibody
- FN antibody
- FN1 antibody
- FNZ antibody
- GFND antibody
- GFND2 antibody
- LETS antibody
- Migration stimulating factor antibody
- MSF antibody
- Transformation sensitive protein. antibody
- Ugl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] images
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] (ab32419) at 1/50000 dilution + human plasma
Predicted band size : 263 kDa
Additional bands at : 240 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemical analysis of fibronectin in paraffin embedded human stomach tissue, using ab32419 at 1/250.
ICC/IF image of ab32419 stained human mesenchymal stem cells. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and then incubated in 0.1%BSA / 1% goat serum for 30 minutes, to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab32419, 1/100 dilution) for 2 hours at 22°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ICC/IF image of ab32419 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab32419 at 1/100 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody [F1] (ab32419)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gerdes MJ et al. Highly multiplexed single-cell analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded cancer tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:11982-7 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23818604) »
- Hubbard B et al. Heparin-dependent regulation of fibronectin matrix conformation. Matrix Biol N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24148804) »