Anti-Fibronectin antibody [Fn-3] (ab18265)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [Fn-3]See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Fn-3] to Fibronectin
- SpecificityReacts with human cellular fibronectin, but not plasma fibronectin.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Human fibronectin expressed by simian virus 40 transformed human mammary epithelial cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberFn-3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18265 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibody
- Cold insoluble globulin antibody
- Cold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibody
- DKFZp686H0342 antibody
- DKFZp686I1370 antibody
- DKFZp686O13149 antibody
- ED B antibody
- fibronectin 1 antibody
- FINC antibody
- FINC_HUMAN antibody
- FN 1 antibody
- FN antibody
- FN1 antibody
- FNZ antibody
- GFND antibody
- GFND2 antibody
- LETS antibody
- Migration stimulating factor antibody
- MSF antibody
- Transformation sensitive protein. antibody
- Ugl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [Fn-3] images
ICC/IF image of ab18265 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab18265, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab18265 staining Fibronectin in BAE cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilised in Triton X-100 and then blocked using 1% serum for 30 minutes at 24°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/500 for 1 hour at 24°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat polyclonal conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 546 used at a 1/1000 dilution.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody [Fn-3] (ab18265)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bambang IF et al. Endoplasmic reticulum protein 29 regulates epithelial cell integrity during the mesenchymal-epithelial transition in breast cancer cells. Oncogene : (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22543584) »
- Cseh B et al. Autocrine fibronectin directs matrix assembly and crosstalk between cell-matrix and cell-cell adhesion in vascular endothelial cells. J Cell Sci 123:3989-99 (2010). ICC/IF ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 20980391) »