Anti-Fibronectin antibody [IST-9] (ab6328)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibody [IST-9]See all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [IST-9] to Fibronectin
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with an epitope (PEDGIHELFP)located in the ED-A sequence of cellular fibronectin (it therefore only detects the cFN and not extracellular FN (plasma FN)). The ED-A segment can be included or omitted from the molecule depending on the pattern of splicing of the mRNA precursors. In transformed or tumour derived cells the ED-A segment is about 10-times higher than in FN from normal fibroblasts, and it may therefore be a significant marker for malignancy (Borsi et al., and others).
- Tested applicationsWB, RIA, ELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Rabbit
A region in the ED-A domain of human cellular fibronectin.
- Positive control
- normal foetal lung fibroblasts (cell line MRC5), skin, rat or human kidney (see reviews)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberIST-9
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|AP||AP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/200. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. See Abreviews|
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibody
- Cold insoluble globulin antibody
- Cold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibody
- DKFZp686H0342 antibody
- DKFZp686I1370 antibody
- DKFZp686O13149 antibody
- ED B antibody
- fibronectin 1 antibody
- FINC antibody
- FINC_HUMAN antibody
- FN 1 antibody
- FN antibody
- FN1 antibody
- FN1 antibody
- FNZ antibody
- GFND antibody
- GFND2 antibody
- LETS antibody
- Migration stimulating factor antibody
- MSF antibody
- Transformation sensitive protein. antibody
- Ugl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [IST-9] images
ab6328 staining Fibronectin in Human small intestine tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a Tris-EDTA buffer pH9.0. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in blocking buffer) for 30 minutes at 20°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-mouse polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
This picture shows formalin fixed paraffin embedded rat kidney stained with ab6328 at a dilution of 1:100 after proteinase K digestion.The image was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Elizabeth Chlipala.
Ab6328 positively staining paraffin fixed canine myocardial infarct. tissue (1/200). The images demonstrate the time course of fibronectin deposition in reperfused canine myocaridal infarcts.
a: 24 hrs
b: 7 days
c: 28 days of reperfusion.
Secondary: Biotin conjugated goat anti mouse (5 µg/ml). Detection was achieved using DAB.
This image is an edited version of an image submitted courtesy of an Abreview by Marcin Dobaczewski. We do not have any further information relating to this image.
ab6328 staining human arterial endothelial cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed, permeabilized with 0.05% Triton X-100 and blocked with 0.2% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated donkey anti-mouse antibody, diluted 1/400, was used as the secondary.
Anti-Fibronectin antibody [IST-9] (ab6328) at 1/1000 dilution + whole cell lysate prepared from human platelets ( treated with ADP for 30 minutes) at 20 µg
HRP conjugated donkey anti-mouse polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Image courtesy of Dr Mahesh Shivananjappa by Abreview.Blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour at 22°C.
All lanes : Anti-Fibronectin antibody [IST-9] (ab6328) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human dermal fibroblast whole cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : Human dermal fibroblast whole cell lysate, treated with TGF beta 1
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP-conjugated Goat anti-mouse monoclonal at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 15 seconds
This image is courtesy of an anonymous AbreviewBlocked with 5% Milk for 1 hour at 20°C.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody [IST-9] (ab6328)
This product has been referenced in:
- Galarreta CI et al. Transforming growth factor-ß1 receptor inhibition preserves glomerulotubular integrity during ureteral obstruction in adults but worsens injury in neonatal mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F481-90 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23303407) »
- Frazier TP et al. Impact of low oxygen on the secretome of human adipose-derived stromal/stem cell primary cultures. Biochimie N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23880643) »