Anti-Fibronectin antibody (ab23516)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibodySee all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Fibronectin
- Specificityab23516 recognises fibronectin, 460-500kD glycoprotein involved in tissue organisation and wound repair.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, Immunodiffusion, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Horse, Guinea pig, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig
Does not react withMouse, Rabbit, Goat, Chicken, Cow
Full length native human fibronectin protein (purified).
- Positive controlKidney
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% EACA, 0.01% Benzamidine, Glycine buffered saline, 1mM EDTA. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesPurified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2 (GFND2) [MIM:601894]: Genetically heterogeneous autosomal dominant disorder characterized clinically by proteinuria, microscopic hematuria, and hypertension that leads to end-stage renal failure in the second to fifth decade of life. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibodyCold insoluble globulin antibodyCold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibodyDKFZp686H0342 antibodyDKFZp686I1370 antibodyDKFZp686O13149 antibodyED B antibodyfibronectin 1 antibodyFINC antibodyFINC_HUMAN antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN antibodyFN1 antibodyFN1 antibodyFNZ antibodyGFND antibodyGFND2 antibodyLETS antibodyLETS antibodyMigration stimulating factor antibodyMSF antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyUgl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody images
ab23516 staining Fibronectin in porcine trachea by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).Tissue was fixed in acetone and blocked using 1% BSA with 10% donkey serum for 2 hours at room temperature. Samples were then incubated with ab23516 at a 1/100 dilution for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor® 555 donkey anti-sheep IgG (H+L), used at a 1/200 dilution.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody (ab23516)
ab23516 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.