Anti-Fibronectin antibody (ab23750)
- Product nameAnti-Fibronectin antibodySee all Fibronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fibronectin
- SpecificityMurine fibronectin 100%, murine collagen type I, III and IV <0.1%, murine laminin <0.1%
- Tested applicationsELISA, RIA, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Purified fibronectin from murine plasma.
- Positive controlMouse skin
- General notes
This antibody may be used to identify fibronectin during wound healing, during tumour progression, and tumour invasion respectively.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesIgG fraction from ion exchange chromatography
- Primary antibody notes This antibody may be used to identify fibronectin during wound healing, during tumour progression, and tumour invasion respectively.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23750 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/600.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 265 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 263 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
- Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
- Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2 (GFND2) [MIM:601894]: Genetically heterogeneous autosomal dominant disorder characterized clinically by proteinuria, microscopic hematuria, and hypertension that leads to end-stage renal failure in the second to fifth decade of life. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
- Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- CIG antibodyCold insoluble globulin antibodyCold-insoluble globulin antibody
- DKFZp686F10164 antibodyDKFZp686H0342 antibodyDKFZp686I1370 antibodyDKFZp686O13149 antibodyED B antibodyfibronectin 1 antibodyFINC antibodyFINC_HUMAN antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN 1 antibodyFN antibodyFN1 antibodyFN1 antibodyFNZ antibodyGFND antibodyGFND2 antibodyLETS antibodyLETS antibodyMigration stimulating factor antibodyMSF antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyTransformation sensitive protein. antibodyUgl-Y3 antibody
Anti-Fibronectin antibody images
Anti-Fibronectin antibody (ab23750) at 1 µg/ml + HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 263 kDa
Observed band size : 265 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab23750 staining Fibronectin in mouse bone marrow cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were formaldehyde fixed, blocked in 2% BSA for 45 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with sample for 9 hour at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG, was used undiluted as secondary. The nuclei were stained with DAPI.
ab23750 staining fibronectin in mouse liver tissue by immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Cells were formaldehyde fixed and permeabilized in 0.2% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 9 hours at 4°C. Alexa fluor® 488 goat polyclonal to rabbit Ig, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary antibody.
ab23750 (2ug/ml) staining Fibronectin in human aorta using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining Fibronectin in the cytoplasm and extracellularly in the connective tissue.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab23750 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab23750, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab23750 staining Fibronectin in Rat skin tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with Immunoblock® (5 µg/ml) for 30 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in diluent) for 1 hour 30 minutes at 25°C. An undiluted Goat anti-rabbit HRP/DAB polydetector polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Fibronectin antibody (ab23750)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ardite E et al. PAI-1-regulated miR-21 defines a novel age-associated fibrogenic pathway in muscular dystrophy. J Cell Biol 196:163-75 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22213800) »
- Ogborn DI et al. Effects of creatine and exercise on skeletal muscle of FRG1-transgenic mice. Can J Neurol Sci 39:225-31 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22343158) »