Anti-Fragilis antibody - Primordial Germ Cell Marker (ab15592)
- Product nameAnti-Fragilis antibody - Primordial Germ Cell MarkerSee all Fragilis primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Fragilis - Primordial Germ Cell Marker
- Tested applicationsIP, IHC-P, IHC-G, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from residues 1 - 50 of Mouse Fragilis.
(Peptide available as ab15737.)
- Positive controlWB: Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate, Mouse Embryonic Germ Cell lysate IHC-Fr: male genital ridges of E12.5 mouse embryos
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15592 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21615296|
|IHC-G||IHC-G: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22446628|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).Can be blocked with Fragilis peptide (ab15737).|
- FunctionIFN-induced antiviral protein that mediates cellular innate immunity to at least three major human pathogens, namely influenza A H1N1 virus, West Nile virus (WNV), and dengue virus (WNV), by inhibiting the early step(s) of replication.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD225 family.
modificationsPalmitoylation on membrane-proximal cysteines controls clustering in membrane compartments and antiviral activity against influenza virus.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- 1 8U antibodyIfitm 3 antibodyIfitm3 antibody
- IFM3_HUMAN antibodyInterferon induced transmembrane protein 3 (1 8U) antibodyInterferon Induced Transmembrane Protein 3 antibodyInterferon inducible antibodyInterferon inducible protein 1 8U antibodyInterferon Inducible Protein 15 antibodyInterferon Inducible Protein Homolog antibodyInterferon-induced transmembrane protein 3 antibodyInterferon-inducible protein 1-8U antibodyIP15 antibody
Anti-Fragilis antibody - Primordial Germ Cell Marker images
All lanes : Anti-Fragilis antibody - Primordial Germ Cell Marker (ab15592) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Embryonic Germ Cell lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell lysate with
Fragilis peptide (ab15737) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Mouse Embryonic Germ Cell lysate with
Fragilis peptide (ab15737) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 13 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC showing localisation of Fragilis (red) in cryosections of male genital ridges of E12.5 mouse embryos. Germ cells can be identified by staining with anti-Oct4 (green).
ab15592 (anti-Fragilis) = red
Oct4 = green
DAPI (DNA) = blue
The dilution of ab15592 used was 10 ug/ml.
Anti-Fragilis antibody, ab15592, recognised a small proportion of cells in a culture of human embryonic stem cells differentiated into a heterogenous mix of cells. Based upon the sequence of the immunogen used to generate this antibody the protein it recognizes is likely to be IFITM2 and/or IFITM3.
Fragilis - Primordial Germ Cell Marker was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg E14Tg2a whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Fragilis and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, E14Tg2a whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab15592.
Secondary: Clean blot (HRP conjugate) at 1/1000 dilution.
Band: 13kDa: Fragilis - Primordial Germ Cell Marker.
References for Anti-Fragilis antibody - Primordial Germ Cell Marker (ab15592)
This product has been referenced in:
- Everitt AR et al. IFITM3 restricts the morbidity and mortality associated with influenza. Nature : (2012). WB, IHC-G ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22446628) »
- Yount JS et al. S-Palmitoylation and Ubiquitination Differentially Regulate Interferon-induced Transmembrane Protein 3 (IFITM3)-mediated Resistance to Influenza Virus. J Biol Chem 287:19631-41 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22511783) »