Free Glycerol Assay Kit (ab65337)
- Product nameFree Glycerol Assay KitSee all Glycerol kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 1 µM
- Range1 µM - 10000 µM
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Glycerol Assay Kit provides a sensitive, easy assay to measure free glycerol concentration in various samples. In the assay, glycerol is enzymatically oxidized to generate a product which reacts with the probe to generate color (λ= 570 nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). The kit can detect 50 pmol-10 nmol (or ~1-10000 µM range) of glycerol in various samples.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Glycerol is widely used in foods, beverages, solvents, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products, etc. There is broad interest in quantification of glycerol for research and development.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Glycerol Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Glycerol Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Glycerol Probe (in DMSO, anhydrous) Red 1 x 200µl Glycerol Standard (100 mM) Yellow 1 x 200µl
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
- RelevanceGlycerol is widely used in foods, beverages, solvents, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products, etc. There is broad interest in quantification of glycerol for research and development.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65337 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Free Glycerol Assay Kit (ab65337)
This product has been referenced in:
- Carley AN et al. Multiphasic triacylglycerol dynamics in the intact heart during acute in vivo overexpression of CD36. J Lipid Res 54:97-106 (2013). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 23099442) »