Free Sample Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10-245 kDa) (ab123069)
- Product nameFree Sample Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10-245 kDa)See all Prestained Protein Ladder reagents ...
- Tested applicationsSDS-PAGE, WB more details
- General notesab123069 is a 100µl sample of the Prism Ultra Protein ladder ab116028 - and can be claimed with qualifying orders in during promotions - unfortunately there are no promotions offering this sample at the time being.
This is a three-color protein standard with 12 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range of molecular weights from 10 to 245 kDa. Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa and 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-PAGE(Tris-glycine buffer). Prism Ultra Protein ladders are designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of proteins. The ladder sample is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use. Storage: Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C. For long term storage, store at -20°C.
- Storage instructionsPlease see Notes section
- Storage bufferConstituents: 0.44% Tris citrate/phosphate, 0.02% Urea, 2% SDS, 0.02% DTT, 15% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- Research Areas
- Prism protein ladder
- SDS PAGE protein ladder prestained
- WB prestained protein ladder
- Western blot prestained protein ladder
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123069 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|SDS-PAGE||SDS-PAGE: Use at an assay dependent concentration. 3 µl or 5 µl per loading for clear visualization during electrophoresis on 15-well or 10-well mini-gel, respectively|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. ~1.5-2.5 µl per well for general Western transferring. Apply more for thicker (> 1.5 mm) or larger gel.|
Free Sample Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10-245 kDa) images
Gel 1: Tris-Glycine (~4-20%), Gel 2: Bis-Tris (10%) MOPS buffer, Gel 3: Bis-Tris (10%) MES buffer.Pre-stained molecular weight standards have a differing mobility and as a consequence varying apparent molecular weight when run in distinct SDS-PAGE buffer systems. The variance in pH of alternative buffers affects the charge of the labelled protein standard and its binding capacity for SDS. The apparent molecular weight of this marker has been determined by calibration against an unstained ladder in each electrophoresis condition.
References for Free Sample Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10-245 kDa) (ab123069)
ab123069 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.