Anti-G3BP antibody (ab123379)
- Product nameAnti-G3BP antibodySee all G3BP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to G3BP
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: SSSPA, corresponding to a region around amino acids 230-234 of Human G3BP (Q13283).
- Positive control293 cell extract, Human breast carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Note: (without Mg2+ and Ca2+)
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123379 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa). Incubate membrane with diluted antibody in 5% nonfat milk, 1X TBS, 0.1% Tween-20 at 4°C with gentle shaking over night.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionMay be a regulated effector of stress granule assembly. Phosphorylation-dependent sequence-specific endoribonuclease in vitro. Cleaves exclusively between cytosine and adenine and cleaves MYC mRNA preferentially at the 3'-UTR. ATP- and magnesium-dependent helicase. Unwinds preferentially partial DNA and RNA duplexes having a 17 bp annealed portion and either a hanging 3' tail or hanging tails at both 5'- and 3'-ends. Unwinds DNA/DNA, RNA/DNA, and RNA/RNA substrates with comparable efficiency. Acts unidirectionally by moving in the 5' to 3' direction along the bound single-stranded DNA.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 NTF2 domain.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
- DomainThe NTF2 domain mediates multimerization.
modificationsPhosphorylated exclusively on serine residues. Hyperphosphorylated in quiescent fibroblasts. Hypophosphorylation leads to a decrease in endoribonuclease activity (By similarity). RASA1-dependent phosphorylation of Ser-149 induces a conformational change that prevents self-association. Dephosphorylation after HRAS activation is required for stress granule assembly. Ser-149 phosphorylation induces partial nuclear localization.
Arg-435 is dimethylated, probably to asymmetric dimethylarginine.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Cell membrane. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in proliferating cells, can be recruited to the plasma membrane in exponentially growing cells (By similarity). Cytosolic and partially nuclear in resting cells. Recruited to stress granules (SGs) upon either arsenite or high temperature treatment. Recruitment to SGs is influenced by HRAS.
- ATP dependent DNA helicase VIII antibodyATP-dependent DNA helicase VIII antibodyG3BP antibody
- G3BP-1 antibodyG3bp1 antibodyG3BP1_HUMAN antibodyGAP binding protein antibodyGAP SH3 domain binding protein 1 antibodyGAP SH3 domain-binding protein 1 antibodyGTPase activating protein (SH3 domain) binding protein 1 antibodyhDH VIII antibodyMGC111040 antibodyRas GTPase activating protein binding protein 1 antibodyRas GTPase activating protein SH3 domain binding protein antibodyRas GTPase-activating protein-binding protein 1 antibodyRasGAP associated endoribonuclease G3BP antibody
Anti-G3BP antibody images
All lanes : Anti-G3BP antibody (ab123379) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extract with blocking peptide
Lane 2 : 293 cell extract
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
ab123379 at 1/50 dilution staining G3BP in Paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry. ab123379 preincubated with blocking peptide (right).
References for Anti-G3BP antibody (ab123379)
ab123379 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.