Anti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62489)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal endSee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GAPDH - Carboxyterminal end
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with GAPDH
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy-terminus of human GAPDH
- Positive controlHela cell lysates
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62489 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Entrez Gene: 2597 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100042025 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14433 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24383 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 685186 Rat
- Omim: 138400 Human
- SwissProt: P04406 Human
- SwissProt: P16858 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04797 Rat
- Unigene: 544577 Human
- Unigene: 592355 Human
- Unigene: 598320 Human
- Unigene: 304088 Mouse
- Unigene: 309092 Mouse
- Unigene: 317779 Mouse
- Unigene: 343110 Mouse
- Unigene: 392463 Mouse
- Unigene: 392480 Mouse
- Unigene: 414470 Mouse
- Unigene: 458138 Mouse
- Unigene: 458416 Mouse
- Unigene: 475698 Mouse
- Unigene: 129558 Rat
- Unigene: 91450 Rat
- Aging associated gene 9 protein antibodyG3P_HUMAN antibodyG3PD antibody
- G3PDH antibodyGAPD antibodyGAPDH antibodyGAPDH antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase liver antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase muscle antibodyGlyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyMGC88685 antibodyOCAS p38 component antibodyOCT1 coactivator in S phase 38 KD Component antibodyPeptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal end images
Lane 1 : Anti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62489) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62489) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62489) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 2 : Hela cell lysate
Lane 3 : Hela cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab62489 at 10µg/ml staining GAPDH in human Hela cells by Imunocytochemistry.
Immunofluorescence of GAPDH in HeLa cells using ab62489 at 20 ug/ml.
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab62489)
ab62489 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.