Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab14247)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibodySee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GAPDH
- SpecificityAb14247 recognises GAPDH.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Protein domain corresponding to amino acids 51-290 of GAPDH.
- Positive control
- 293 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14247 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Entrez Gene: 2597 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100042025 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14433 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24383 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 685186 Rat
- Omim: 138400 Human
- SwissProt: P04406 Human
- SwissProt: P16858 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04797 Rat
- Unigene: 544577 Human
- Unigene: 592355 Human
- Unigene: 598320 Human
- Unigene: 304088 Mouse
- Unigene: 309092 Mouse
- Unigene: 317779 Mouse
- Unigene: 343110 Mouse
- Unigene: 392463 Mouse
- Unigene: 392480 Mouse
- Unigene: 414470 Mouse
- Unigene: 458138 Mouse
- Unigene: 458416 Mouse
- Unigene: 475698 Mouse
- Unigene: 129558 Rat
- Unigene: 91450 Rat
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
- BARS-38 antibody
- cb609 antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
- G3P_HUMAN antibody
- G3PD antibody
- G3PDH antibody
- GAPD antibody
- GAPDH antibody
- GAPDH antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase liver antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase muscle antibody
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibody
- KNC-NDS6 antibody
- MGC102544 antibody
- MGC102546 antibody
- MGC103190 antibody
- MGC103191 antibody
- MGC105239 antibody
- MGC127711 antibody
- MGC88685 antibody
- OCAS p38 component antibody
- OCAS, p38 component antibody
- OCT1 coactivator in S phase 38 KD Component antibody
- OCT1 coactivator in S phase, 38-KD component antibody
- peptidyl cysteine S nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
- wu:fb33a10 antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody images
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
293 cell lysate as test antigen. Ab14247 dilution: 1:2000. Colorimetric method for signal development.
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab14247)
ab14247 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.