Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab15822)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibodySee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GAPDH
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
GAPDH from human erythrocytes.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; A431.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgY fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Aging associated gene 9 protein antibodyG3P_HUMAN antibodyG3PD antibody
- G3PD antibodyG3PDH antibodyG3PDH antibodyGAPD antibodyGAPD antibodyGAPDH antibodyGAPDH antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase liver antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase liver antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase muscle antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase muscle antibodyGlyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyMGC88685 antibodyOCAS p38 component antibodyOCT1 coactivator in S phase 38 KD Component antibodyPeptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody images
Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab15822) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Chicken IgG (H&L) secondary at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 40 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab15822 stained human MCF7 cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab15822, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-chicken IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in HeLa, HEK 293 and HepG2 cells.
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab15822)
ab15822 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.