Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab22556)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibodySee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GAPDH
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chinese Hamster
Synthetic peptide: VKVGVDGFGRIGRLV, corresponding to amino acids 3-17 of Human GAPDH.
- Positive controlRat heart protein extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22556 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa.|
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Entrez Gene: 493876 Cat
- Entrez Gene: 374193 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281181 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403755 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 2597 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100042025 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14433 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 396823 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100009074 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24383 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 685186 Rat
- Omim: 138400 Human
- SwissProt: P00356 Chicken
- SwissProt: P10096 Cow
- SwissProt: Q28259 Dog
- SwissProt: P04406 Human
- SwissProt: P16858 Mouse
- SwissProt: P00355 Pig
- SwissProt: P46406 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P04797 Rat
- Unigene: 544577 Human
- Unigene: 592355 Human
- Unigene: 598320 Human
- Unigene: 304088 Mouse
- Unigene: 309092 Mouse
- Unigene: 317779 Mouse
- Unigene: 343110 Mouse
- Unigene: 392463 Mouse
- Unigene: 392480 Mouse
- Unigene: 414470 Mouse
- Unigene: 458138 Mouse
- Unigene: 458416 Mouse
- Unigene: 475698 Mouse
- Unigene: 129558 Rat
- Unigene: 91450 Rat
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibodyAging-associated gene 9 protein antibodyBARS-38 antibody
- cb609 antibodyEC 220.127.116.11 antibodyG3P_HUMAN antibodyG3PD antibodyG3PDH antibodyGAPD antibodyGAPDH antibodyGAPDH antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyKNC-NDS6 antibodyMGC102544 antibodyMGC102546 antibodyMGC103190 antibodyMGC103191 antibodyMGC105239 antibodyMGC127711 antibodyMGC88685 antibodyOCAS, p38 component antibodyOCT1 coactivator in S phase, 38-KD component antibodyPeptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibodywu:fb33a10 antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody images
Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab22556) at 1 µg/ml
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 36 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab22556)
This product has been referenced in:
- Goel M et al. Cochlin, intraocular pressure regulation and mechanosensing. PLoS One 7:e34309 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22496787) »
- Goel M et al. Cochlin Induced TREK-1 Co-Expression and Annexin A2 Secretion: Role in Trabecular Meshwork Cell Elongation and Motility. PLoS One 6:e23070 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21886777) »