Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab77516)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibodySee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to GAPDH
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide from the C-terminal of Rat GAPDH conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein. The antigen is homologous in mouse and shares 90% identity with human sequence.
- Positive controlHuman neutrophil lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 10 - 50 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Entrez Gene: 2597 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100042025 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14433 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24383 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 685186 Rat
- Omim: 138400 Human
- SwissProt: P04406 Human
- SwissProt: P16858 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04797 Rat
- Unigene: 544577 Human
- Unigene: 592355 Human
- Unigene: 598320 Human
- Unigene: 304088 Mouse
- Unigene: 309092 Mouse
- Unigene: 317779 Mouse
- Unigene: 343110 Mouse
- Unigene: 392463 Mouse
- Unigene: 392480 Mouse
- Unigene: 414470 Mouse
- Unigene: 458138 Mouse
- Unigene: 458416 Mouse
- Unigene: 475698 Mouse
- Unigene: 129558 Rat
- Unigene: 91450 Rat
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibodyAging-associated gene 9 protein antibodyBARS-38 antibody
- cb609 antibodyEC 22.214.171.124 antibodyG3P_HUMAN antibodyG3PD antibodyG3PDH antibodyGAPD antibodyGAPDH antibodyGAPDH antibodyGlyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyKNC-NDS6 antibodyMGC102544 antibodyMGC102546 antibodyMGC103190 antibodyMGC103191 antibodyMGC105239 antibodyMGC127711 antibodyMGC88685 antibodyOCAS, p38 component antibodyOCT1 coactivator in S phase, 38-KD component antibodyPeptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibodywu:fb33a10 antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody images
All lanes : Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab77516) at 20 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human neutrophil lysate
Lane 2 : Human neutrophil lysate pre-absorped
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 36 kDa
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab77516)
ab77516 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.